Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Canadian made "black" rifle

CGN Regular
    The forward slant on the cocking handle is because it functions as a brass deflector, the upward bend is, as someone else said, so the operator can reach over the top to release the bolt when reloading or loading with the action locked back.

I'd love to find an original style cocking handle for mine.
    Last edited by cr5; 11-12-2017 at 11:38 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

It's been DONE! My buddy just mad a rifle that got a FRT for NR and uses ALL AR 15 parts. everything from the muzzle break to the buttstock. and it's multi caliber. it's a real AR 15 that's NR. Keep your eyes peeled CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ...swiss... View Post
    It's been DONE! My buddy just mad a rifle that got a FRT for NR and uses ALL AR 15 parts. everything from the muzzle break to the buttstock. and it's multi caliber. it's a real AR 15 that's NR. Keep your eyes peeled CGN.
    You're late, there is allready a thread a dozen pages plus on the Macabee SLR. What remains to be seen is how much complete rifles will cost, and if they will be smart enough to offer them a reciever sets to be outfitted by the owner to their own specs, allowing them to be built as high end or low end as the owner sees fit.
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 11-13-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    You're late, there is allready a thread a dozen pages plus on the Macabee SLR. What remains to be seen is how much complete rifles will cost, and if they will be smart enough to offer them a reciever sets to be outfitted by the owner to their own specs, allowing them to be built as high end or low end as the owner sees fit.

I haven't seen any threads on it, you got a link?. I was told pricing but not going to say anything. it's going to be a good go. But yea I understand about the outfitting you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by UCSPanther View Post
    I personally like the idea of "Quasi-black" hunting rifle that resembles either a Valmet Hunter or a VEPR Pioneer. AK actions are out, but there are some mish-mash designs that we could chose from.
    Personally I agree with this. A VEPR, PSL, SVD kind of rifle that doesn't resemble any AK like internals. I would be all over that.

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Adjustable gas piston, semi-auto, caliber convertible-quick barrel change, single optic on a fixed chassis, take down, STANAG/pistol mag fed, Geissele adjustable trigger with CARBON FIBRE EVERYTHING. With a an eye to the World market, NOT just the Canadian market. The rifles sold overseas could subsidize the cost of the rifles sold in Canada and therefore be offered to Canadians at a reduced rate...
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman.ca View Post
    Adjustable gas piston, semi-auto, caliber convertible-quick barrel change, single optic on a fixed chassis, take down, STANAG/pistol mag fed, Geissele adjustable trigger with CARBON FIBRE EVERYTHING. With a an eye to the World market, NOT just the Canadian market. The rifles sold overseas could subsidize the cost of the rifles sold in Canada and therefore be offered to Canadians at a reduced rate...
    That line of thinking didnt go over so well the last time...

Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    The Spud lower does nothing but add cost and weight to a rifle unless you have a prohib rifle you can add your upper to. Other than that unless you have a broken polymer 180B lower it's nothing but weight and money. I'm hoping CA's lower is stage one and an upper is stage two. Then a complete rifle is option 3 followed by parts compatible with AR180B-2 rifles availability bringing the 180 back into being an affordable viable option in the Canadian non restricted marketplace.
    Just remember, these are not ever going to be sub moa precision rifles, keep your expectations realistic and the AR180B is a great rifle.
    I 100% preffer non-polymer lowers in any chance I get, just a preference.

After that, grips and stock are easily changed out using that lower but I actually really like the normal AR180b sets so that may just send up staying. I like having the option, but that doesn't mean I'll use it. On the flip side, I think you are right in that seeing a new production upper within a reasonable price range to mate with the lowers folks are offering would be the best all-round choice, but without a timeline it's hard to say when we'll see it come together.

As for the MOA business I don't even pay attention to that stuff unless it's in the bottom 1% of unacceptable. Too many folks like to use stats and figures like some sort of honour badge...reminds me of how cars changed once everyone became obsessed with Nurburgring lap times: every sports car had to set a good lap time regardless of what it did to the cars actual drivability for day to day activities and the MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    I 100% preffer non-polymer lowers in any chance I get, just a preference.

After that, grips and stock are easily changed out using that lower but I actually really like the normal AR180b sets so that may just send up staying. I like having the option, but that doesn't mean I'll use it. On the flip side, I think you are right in that seeing a new production upper within a reasonable price range to mate with the lowers folks are offering would be the best all-round choice, but without a timeline it's hard to say when we'll see it come together.

As for the MOA business I don't even pay attention to that stuff unless it's in the bottom 1% of unacceptable. Too many folks like to use stats and figures like some sort of honour badge...reminds me of how cars changed once everyone became obsessed with Nurburgring lap times: every sports car had to set a good lap time regardless of what it did to the cars actual drivability for day to day activities and the MSRP.
    I understand wanting a non-polymer lower, just making a point in case you are one of the guys who read that the polymer lower on the 180 is a ticking time bomb that is about to fail any second now. Plenty of modern rifles use polymer extensively in their construction and it is not a problem.
    I prefer aluminum as well but I carry and shoot my 180B without any worry about it failing at the hinge-pin.

I'd only be guessing on a timeline for the upper but as far as I know the lower has only been in the works for a year or two, the upper should be easier since it's not the serialized part. My guess would be that once they have a lower in production and selling the upper will be a year behind it hopefully making it three options at that time (upper/lower/full rifle).

Yes, society has been brainwashed to think that unless a car is fast it's no good. This is why even minivan advertising always mentions it has 300+ horse and they come with 18 inch rims with low profile tires. Ya, lots of minivan racing out there on the streets, it's becoming a real problem. All that crap does is reduce reliability and increase operating costs now that tires cost twice as much just to look cooler.
    Last edited by cr5; 11-13-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.