Canadian made "black" rifle

Because of the shenanigans by deleting posts, threads and banning people so i created this forum due to the hole M+M fiasco and them censoring everything! ##############.boards.net

It's good enough for you to use to market your own wares however.

Because of the shenanigans by deleting posts, threads and banning people so i created this forum due to the hole M+M fiasco and them censoring everything! ##############.boards.net

Another username... Another violation of forum rules... Another PermaBan.

CGN is like high school... Popular kids always win... history is written by the victor.... Get over it.

Most come to CGN for the established news, Dealers, and EE.

Some stay for the Drama.

Honestly, I think to get this to happen, the project scope has to be brought way in.

The AR platform will support almost everything everyone wants (minus the AK mags): wide selection of barrels, stocks, calibers, grips, 10 round mags, handguards, etc. All that is really needed is a single receiver or receiver set that is NR (a la ATRS MV), at a price that's reasonable and you can build it up however you like. I would propose the following:

1. Receiver set that is NOT AR pattern interchangeable (obviously), and is side charging (departs from AR pattern)
2. Takes all AR parts EXCEPT the bolt carrier and charging handle
3. Bolt carrier that cannot be accepted by an AR pattern rifle, but WILL take AR pattern bolts, and is side charging
4. Priced below $500 (difficult but not impossible)

With that you can buy low-end Chinesium parts and put together a fun plinker in your preferred caliber for sub $1K. Beyond that the sky's the limit. If such an option existed I'd buy 3 or 4 right off the line.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I think to get this to happen, the project scope has to be brought way in.

The AR platform will support almost everything everyone wants (minus the AK mags): wide selection of barrels, stocks, calibers, grips, 10 round mags, handguards, etc. All that is really needed is a single receiver or receiver set that is NR (a la ATRS MV), at a price that's reasonable and you can build it up however you like. I would propose the following:

1. Receiver set that is NOT AR pattern interchangeable (obviously), and is side charging (departs from AR pattern)
3. Bolt carrier that cannot be accepted by an AR pattern rifle, but WILL take AR pattern bolts, and is side charging

With that you can buy low-end Chinesium parts and put together a fun plinker in your preferred caliber for sub $1K. Beyond that the sky's the limit. If such an option existed I'd buy 3 or 4 right off the line.

Thoughts?

Contact ATRS... What you are describing is a MV but at a fraction of the cost....

Step 1. Crowdsource or Go-Fund-Me about 100,000 people to donate $500 each.

Step 2. Use the $50,000,000 to get ATRS to either upsize their operation and make 100,000 rifles... or give up their patents and have CA do it.

Step 3. PROFIT.

Thoughts?

This would very much work for me. Like an XCR kind of, but with more AR part interchangibility?

First step will likely be the AR180B lower, then the upper.

Full gun price will be likely be under $1000.

I will also have them pull the sample M10X we have here and have a look. Maybe do it as well, with a few changed to lower the price

Less than $1000!?!

I'll take 2, maybe 3!

15156.jpeg

This is a great place to start and echos my thoughts. Extensible and modular from the ground up, with support for existing aftermarket. And I agree about previous comments, this is nothing new, and more is known about the industry and engineering of it now, more so than ever before. SIMPLE is good, basic principals can go a long way.

I'll edit this into my first post also.

I would like to see a complete modular system.
Also, both traditional and bullpup layouts, with many parts common to both layouts.
Something that can be swapped around and customized, and that has a lot of parts already made.
This obviously means using a lot of AR parts, but yet NOT an AR.

*AR-15 fire control group (FCG) parts (trigger, safety, etc). These parts are common, cheap, reliable, and approved as not FA.
*AR-15 barrel dimensions, but without barrel extension. Bolt head and barrel extension to have larger beefier lugs. Perhaps 3 lugs?
*Bolt head to have a larger diameter head to allow for larger dia cartridge heads to be chambered.
*Completely new bolt carrier, that cannot be deemed a "variant".
*AR-15 pistol grip.

*Short stroke gas system
*Adjustable gas system
*Recoil spring to telescope into rear of bolt carrier, to allow for a side folder or bullpup design
*"Classic" wood (like AK-47 or VZ52/57), or modern Aluminum and polymer. Ability to swap parts back and forth.
*Aluminum to have M-Lok mounts. Wood to be old-school.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I wonder if BCL and ATRS got together and made a modern varmint en masse... Combine the production power with the excellent design. Probably never happen, but one can dream. I think if they could pump them out at 1500ish they couldn’t make them fast enough.

LOL at some of the pie in the sky ideas in this thread.

I’d be ok if it looks like a Jard as long as it works.

Why the love for AK mags? Just cause they look good? Curved mags feed x39 better for sure, but who cares when you can only put 5 in there.

I like the crowd fund the design idea... sure I will pay to design a rifle... then I will pay to buy the rifle... it only cost me $1000 to design, and $999 to buy... but it is under $1000?

It really doesn't interest me if it can't have 10 rd mags that are Stanag design. Folding stock too. That's it. Oh yeah, .223 or .308 calibre. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom