Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian made "black" rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by marklazer View Post
    Because of the shenanigans by deleting posts, threads and banning people so i created this forum due to the hole M+M fiasco and them censoring everything! ##############.###########
    It's good enough for you to use to market your own wares however.

TBH, I’d prefer if STANAG pattern Mags were used. 10 rounds>5

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Because of the shenanigans by deleting posts, threads and banning people so i created this forum due to the hole M+M fiasco and them censoring everything! ##############.###########
    Another username... Another violation of forum rules... Another PermaBan.

CGN is like high school... Popular kids always win... history is written by the victor.... Get over it.

Most come to CGN for the established news, Dealers, and EE.

Some stay for the Drama.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    There’s already alternative forums that are established.

|CCFR|

Honestly, I think to get this to happen, the project scope has to be brought way in.

The AR platform will support almost everything everyone wants (minus the AK mags): wide selection of barrels, stocks, calibers, grips, 10 round mags, handguards, etc. All that is really needed is a single receiver or receiver set that is NR (a la ATRS MV), at a price that's reasonable and you can build it up however you like. I would propose the following:

1. Receiver set that is NOT AR pattern interchangeable (obviously), and is side charging (departs from AR pattern)
    2. Takes all AR parts EXCEPT the bolt carrier and charging handle
    3. Bolt carrier that cannot be accepted by an AR pattern rifle, but WILL take AR pattern bolts, and is side charging
    4. Priced below $500 (difficult but not impossible)

With that you can buy low-end Chinesium parts and put together a fun plinker in your preferred caliber for sub $1K. Beyond that the sky's the limit. If such an option existed I'd buy 3 or 4 right off the line.

Thoughts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsbonini View Post
    Honestly, I think to get this to happen, the project scope has to be brought way in.

The AR platform will support almost everything everyone wants (minus the AK mags): wide selection of barrels, stocks, calibers, grips, 10 round mags, handguards, etc. All that is really needed is a single receiver or receiver set that is NR (a la ATRS MV), at a price that's reasonable and you can build it up however you like. I would propose the following:

1. Receiver set that is NOT AR pattern interchangeable (obviously), and is side charging (departs from AR pattern)
    3. Bolt carrier that cannot be accepted by an AR pattern rifle, but WILL take AR pattern bolts, and is side charging

With that you can buy low-end Chinesium parts and put together a fun plinker in your preferred caliber for sub $1K. Beyond that the sky's the limit. If such an option existed I'd buy 3 or 4 right off the line.

Thoughts?

Contact ATRS... What you are describing is a MV but at a fraction of the cost....

Step 1. Crowdsource or Go-Fund-Me about 100,000 people to donate $500 each.

Step 2. Use the $50,000,000 to get ATRS to either upsize their operation and make 100,000 rifles... or give up their patents and have CA do it.

Step 3. PROFIT.

Quote Originally Posted by rsbonini View Post

Thoughts?
    This would very much work for me. Like an XCR kind of, but with more AR part interchangibility?

I'm in

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fhg1893's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    First step will likely be the AR180B lower, then the upper.

Full gun price will be likely be under $1000.

I will also have them pull the sample M10X we have here and have a look. Maybe do it as well, with a few changed to lower the price
    Less than $1000!?!

I'll take 2, maybe 3!

Mandatory retirement for Senator Celine "crazy-pants" Hervieux-Payette: TODAY April 22, 2016 - SHE IS FINISHED TODAY! ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    RPD? If not a full auto it should be non-restricted. Belts are pre1945 design too.

There are lots of surplus for parts!

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.