Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted M-60!?!?!?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    Transferable class 3 m60's are going to start around 30k usd and go up depending on condition and model. The e1 configuration used in VN was the most problematic due to design flaws primarily in the gas system and top cover. Those were greatly improved by the time the e3, e4mod0, and finally e4mod1 upgrades came through in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. These guns are in the e4mod1 config and as result are modern and reliable examples of the m60.

Value is subjective, but these will continue to go up in price. There are only a handful in Canada, and many more who I'm sure would like to own one - if not now, down the road when funds are available/finance ministers have been bribed.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to get one of these m60s. If they were priced similar to the mg34 or m37 then I would definitely be getting one I just don't see how it's worth 3 times the cost of an mg34.
    Hopefully when tnw releases their mg42 it will be a better deal and more people can get one
    I wonder if Wolverine can bring in some of the other semi auto machine guns like the Russian dp28?

Dp28!

Name:  DP-28_Gallery_1.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  39.7 KB

How about the Semi-Auto FN M249S ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrawt View Post
    Don't get me wrong I would love to get one of these m60s. If they were priced similar to the mg34 or m37 then I would definitely be getting one I just don't see how it's worth 3 times the cost of an mg34.
    Hopefully when tnw releases their mg42 it will be a better deal and more people can get one
    I wonder if Wolverine can bring in some of the other semi auto machine guns like the Russian dp28?
    I hear you, and I think some of the reason the mg34s are so much cheaper is that they are largely built off of surplus parts kits, whereas the semi auto m60's are new guns from the ground up. If you compare the m60's to other semi auto versions of lmg's like the 249s SAW in .223 (8500usd) and the m240s in .308 (~13500usd) they're in line with the semi auto m60's which are going for 13k usd new, with specific variants ranging between 10-16 on the used market. My understanding is that the version with the frt for Canada is a very specific type, and is what wolv has tracked down and brought in. Semi auto's in that variant are pretty hard to come by from my understanding. Most are set up as the e1s or the new danish contract e6's.

I definitely had my socks blown off by the price, but after a weekend of digging around it seems pretty inline. Obviously there is going to be some markup over a straight usd/cdn conversion, deals like this don't fall out of the tree every day and from what I heard there was a fair bit of leg work involved for a small number of rifles, not to mention we are gaining a highly trusted Local distributor that can stand behind the products. I'd say to anyone who is really serious about one of these to do some homework on them and give Tyson or John a call.

ps a dp28 would be awesome! As would another batch of SSD FG42's!! (hint hint)
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildey View Post
    Dp28!
    5rd limit for the magazine, so cool looking, but a pain to load, and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMamba View Post
    How about the Semi-Auto FN M249S ?
    Limited to 5rds legally, so you can shoot more rounds with a Tavor or other non-restricted semi auto that takes AR-15 pistol mags at a fraction of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglelord17 View Post
    Limited to 5rds legally, so you can shoot more rounds with a Tavor or other non-restricted semi auto that takes AR-15 pistol mags at a fraction of the cost.
    Actually something pretty cool about the m249s is that it can also feed from stanag type magazines (pistol mags would work assuming they're still allowed if and when a 249 makes it up here). They insert at a 45 deg angle on the left side, just below the feed tray. The military issue ones apparently were hard on mags, but I've heard the newly released semi's run them fine.

I'm sure these could be brought up here if someone was willing to push sponsor it through frt. The lab has been surprisingly chill with passing things through lately (with the exception of the KH9 :'( ), perhaps these would make it through. Ohio Ordnance makes a semi m240 as well *drool*

But that's all just wishful thinking for the time being. The 60's are here now and look Amazing. Who's getting them?
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    Actually something pretty cool about the m249s is that it can also feed from stanag type magazines (pistol mags would work assuming they're still allowed if and when a 249 makes it up here). They insert at a 45 deg angle on the left side, just below the feed tray. The military issue ones apparently were hard on mags, but I've heard the newly released semi's run them fine.
    Everytime I used the magazine feed on a C9 it turned into stoppage machine (once ended up with 3 rounds in the action at the same time somehow after that I learned my lesson not to use it). If they solved that for the semi-auto version that's not too bad then.

If you are looking for a belt fed that can also use a STANG mag consider the FightLite, we have these in stock, caliber 5.56.

Last edited by Wolverine .303; 10-30-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglelord17 View Post
    Everytime I used the magazine feed on a C9 it turned into stoppage machine (once ended up with 3 rounds in the action at the same time somehow after that I learned my lesson not to use it). If they solved that for the semi-auto version that's not too bad then.
    I had mag fed issue with the C9 only when firing blanks. When firing live rounds, it was no less reliable than the actual belt.

Was it a C9 from one of the Schools or from your unit ? I know that school weapon tends to be in pretty bad shape...

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Soooooooooo..... anyone else want to get in on a Non-restricted M-60?

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com