Thread: Versa Max magazine extensions infos

CGN Regular

Versa Max magazine extensions infos

Hello everyone,

I would like to know a few things about the TacOrd Remington Versa Max mag extensions.

Is the capacity of the extensions (+1, +2 or +3) calculated for 3'' or 3.5'' shells?

What is the exact length of the +1, +2 and +3 extensions (OAL including nut)?

Thanks!

Edit: while searching for more informations, I found another Canadian company that sells remington mag extensions and they list their dimensions as the following:
    +1 - 2.75 inches long
    +2 - 6.76 inches long
    +3 - 8.75 inches long

Are TacOrd extensions the exact same length?
    Last edited by gunnuts; 10-27-2017 at 05:36 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    I contacted them when my versamax showed up marked 3" chamber on the barrel. They were very nice and sent me the documentation from Remington stating that though the barrels are marked 3" they are actually chambered in 3.5" and Tacord limits them to ~5.9 x 3.5" ammo helping the user maximize the capacity of the more typical 2.75" shell.

I didn't exactly answer your question.
    CCFR Member

Business Member Tactical Ordnance's Avatar
    For our +1, +2 and +3 Mag extensions lengths are 2 1/4" , 6 1/4" and 8 3/4". The +1 and +2 are made specifically for the 870 to be flush with 14" and 18" barrels.

Our Versa max extension which is a "+3" is made to hold maximum tube capacity of not more than 5 - 3.5" shells. It will also hold 7 - 2 3/4" shells in the tube.

Casey
    Please call or email us. No PMs please.

P: 905-775-1666
    www.tacord.com
    info@tacord.com

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    I contacted them when my versamax showed up marked 3" chamber on the barrel. They were very nice and sent me the documentation from Remington stating that though the barrels are marked 3" they are actually chambered in 3.5"
    Is this document available to the general public, or was it provided directly to TacOrd?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRadar View Post
    Is this document available to the general public, or was it provided directly to TacOrd?
    Public.

http://i.imgur.com/riAIBFX.png

CGN Regular
    Thank you very much Casey and VancouverS4

I was afraid the +3 would bring the capacity over the legal limit, but since it won’t hold more than 5 3.5 in the magazine, I’ll go with the +3 then!

I heard the Remington Versamax Tactical is only stamped for 3" shells preventing you from using the +3 extension as you could get that 6th 3" shell in there. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I heard the Remington Versamax Tactical is only stamped for 3" shells preventing you from using the +3 extension as you could get that 6th 3" shell in there. Is this correct?
    That question is answered in posts 2, 4 and 5 just above. Check the link dacron posted.

Quote Originally Posted by dacron View Post
    Thank you!

If you guys really want, you can order a Versa Max barrel from Bronwells that is marked 3.5". It isn't cheap but then you wouldn't have to worry about the tube extension.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean