Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sherman Firefly project, help!

Sherman Firefly project, help!

I am considering the purchase of a Sherman Firefly for restoration. I need something else for my retirement I know there are several military vehicle enthusiasts lurking here and I need some help. I need to source a complete main gun for this old girl. They were fitted with the British 17 pdr, I need the gun with breech and mantlet, any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

CGN frequent flyer
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN Regular
    I emailed a guy who might have one...

Dude your projects are out of this world
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -- George Orwell

There is Archie sitting by the legion in Olds , AB. Prolly talk to the town about acquiring parts. I'm not sure what model , maybe an e8 , was in the Middle East , recovered from maybe Egypt /1956 conflict.

Also I've seen derelict tanks in Wetaskiwins -Reynolds airplane ( or something ) museum.

I know pretty thin ..... all I got ...... good luck , and if you get it rolling man I'd like to see that tank.

Hehe. I keep the Firefly in world of tanks ...... that's another thread though.

Have you talked to McMaster in westbourne mb? He’s got a few parts and pieces, as well as a Sherman turret with a gun in it. No idea what condition it’s in.

Get ahold of the Lord Strathcona's Horse Royal Canadians historical vehicle troop out here in edmonton. They have restored a number of tanks including a sherman with a 76mm hv gun and a centurion with a 20 pdr.
    "I wish I could grab every new person who starts out in 3gun and tell them to just buy a good AR15, a Benelli M2 and a glock 34. "
    Words of wisdom from a fellow 3 gunner whilst witnessing a lefty use a Norinco Type 97 for 3gun.

Damn! Tiger killer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MapleSugar's Avatar
    Call Albert at Army Surplus Kelowna: 250-868-2286

He used to import all kinds of military vehicles into Canada, besides the surplus clothing and gear that he sells in his store.

I remember him telling me that he could get me a Sherman tank back in the 90's. IIRC, they were about $50K then.

Maybe he still has some leads on where to source their parts.
    The Plague Rats go marching one by one! Hurrah! Hurrah!...

CGN frequent flyer
    Curious which variant, Firefly Vc, IC or Hybrid?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast