Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scientific Miracle Makes You a Better Shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    So if I understand this correctly your also supplying the ammo for this?
    I find that people shoot way better when they pay for their own ammo... not sure why.
    Glenn.

I wish my range would let us shoot steel, they only allow steel during competitions, etc.

Recently banned unsupervised usage of steel targets, which I can kind of understand.
    If you don't know what you're doing they can be dangerous since our action range is only 20 yards long.

I had seen people shooting it way too close and on horrible angles, I wish they had a training course though that let you shoot steel by yourself just like holster training, etc.
    All we need is someone to start blasting steel at 5 yards and get clipped by a ricochet, enough people already trying to shut us down as it is so I understand their decision.

I've heard rumblings that the CFO is thinking of banning steel all together.
    Last edited by kcampbell; 10-29-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcampbell View Post
    I wish my range would let us shoot steel, they only allow steel during competitions, etc.

Recently banned unsupervised usage of steel targets, which I can kind of understand.
    If you don't know what you're doing they can be dangerous since our action range is only 20 yards long.

I had seen people shooting it way too close and on horrible angles, I wish they had a training course though that let you shoot steel by yourself just like holster training, etc.
    All we need is someone to start blasting steel at 5 yards and get clipped by a ricochet, enough people already trying to shut us down as it is so I understand their decision.

I've heard rumblings that the CFO is thinking of banning steel all together.
    I hear that story a lot; many of the clubs that buy targets are only allowed to use them for supervised events. I'm experimenting with a line of rubber targets right now; like steel, they last a long time, can be used in any weather, but no ricochet risk. I'll be posting at length once I've tested them thoroughly.

Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Range Rabbit View Post
    I hear that story a lot; many of the clubs that buy targets are only allowed to use them for supervised events. I'm experimenting with a line of rubber targets right now; like steel, they last a long time, can be used in any weather, but no ricochet risk. I'll be posting at length once I've tested them thoroughly.

Glenn.
    Interesting!

Keep us posted Glenn.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer legi0n's Avatar
    Well, truth be told, I bought a 6"x6" steel from RR and while revolver shooting it at 25yds I noticed that proper sight alignment is key to getting a "ring". Any less than perfect center-front-post-in-the-rear-groove is a miss. Slight vertical misalignment is also a miss.
    Compare this to shooting a paper target lots when one can't really figure out where the round go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I find that people shoot way better when they pay for their own ammo... not sure why.
    Glenn.

Lol just jokes, I am currently building my range at my place. Once complete I will be ordering steel to shoot.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Hahahahaha this is the best ad I've seen in a long time. When I figure out which steel I need I'll be buying from you for sure

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    If only BTSA allowed steel
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

I assure you, sir, this was developed in co-operation with some Top Operators (Toperators?). Also, it's available in SEAL Silver, Delta Drab, and JTF... ummm... Jungle Green . This is some high-speed, low-drag s**t.
    Usually when looking to buy paint I can find either high-speed OR low-drag s**t. WOW! You've got both. Congrats to your Toperators. Looks like they have a winner!
    Space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Lol just jokes, I am currently building my range at my place. Once complete I will be ordering steel to shoot.
    non restricted range? is it even possible to get the cfo to sign off on a private range for handguns?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast