CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New MCX Virtus. You Asked for It And Its Here!!

CGN Regular
    Considering........

Super GunNutz
    Wiĺl the MCX VIRTUS be supported by SIG and yourselves in terms of spare Barrels? I waited almost a year for Phoenix Indoor Range to source a 9".300 BO Barrel for my Gen 2 MCX and they couldn't squeeze one out of you in all that time! I similarly ordered a Collapsing & Folding Buttstock through Red Deer Shooting Center and even paid in full up-front. After 6 months without results, I gave up and converted my payment into a store credit! In short, your Canadian support for the MCX sucks big-time, with a total fail on two separate component orders. If it were just one order through a single vendor, the problem might rest with that LGS. That is clearly not the case in my experience.

Will the VIRTUS get support in Canada? I just bought a .300 BO "Patrol" rifle and I want a 16" 5.56mm VITRTUS Barrel as well as a 9" .300 BO VIRTUS barrel with a Short Handguard in FDE. I will initiate these orders through Phoenix Indoor Range and Gun Shop tomorrow. Please don't let us down with the VIRTUS the same way my loyalty to SIG products has been sorely tested with the complete lack of Gen 2 MCX components.

Colour me confused, but it almost seems as if you guys want SIG to wither and fail in Canada....

Frustrated & perplexed,

Mark C / bartok5

P.S. I also own a SIG P320 and cannot find spare Grip Modules in FDE or ODG anywhere in Canada! They have been sold out everywhere for months.....
    Mark C

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe117 View Post
    Any info on price and where to buy? I don't see it as an item on MD Charlton's page.
    Agreed, I want to get one of these and I can't find one anywhere, except one or two that are priced more than I'm willing to spend. One vendor has one for 1999.99, which is almost too good to be true given retail price is 2600ish...need to ask more questions about that particular one, as I've been burned buying firearms that are inexplicably under the retail price.

Would someone please take my money?!?? I am ready to order!

I saw a fde grip at my.local shop yesterday
    Ctvsp
    When it all comes down, the last man standing is going to be standing there in shorts and sneakers [armed] with a '98 Mauser, and all the ninja-looking guys belly up at his feet- with all their cool gear

-louis awerbuck
    MEMBER OF CCFR,CSSA & CSAAA

Super GunNutz
    So, I just got off the phone with my LGS, who had just spoken to a member of the M.D. Charleton staff regarding SIG VIRTUS barrels and parts support. My LGS rep was specifically told that no VITRTUS barrels are available, nor are there any plans to offer them. He stated that the same applies to complete VIRTUS Upper Receivers, which are supposedly being "phased out" (whatever that means, since they have never been "phased in"!!).

The above makes absolutely no sense, and flies directly in the face of everything SIG has said that they have planned for the VIRTUS as their highly modular, "perfect battle rifle" (SIG's words, not mine). I am guessing that the M.D. Charleton rep was simply confused and speaking about the Gen 1 MCX being phased out, vice the VIRTUS (Gen 3 MCX), but who knows. According to my LGS rep, the guy on the other end was certain that his info was correct. As a result, he would not accept my request to order two Calibre Exchange Kits.

Fine. M.D. Charleton, I am done with you. This is the final straw for me. You have done nothing but repeatedly stonewall and disappoint me WRT the availability of SIG products and spare parts support. I am confident that one of the third-party importers will be happy and able to assist me with a purchase from a U.S. stocking dealer or the Sig Store itself. M.D. Charleton has utterly squandered my confidence and my future business.

Rant off. Have a nice day.
    Mark C

Lighten up, Francis...
    Fact: In 100% of all fake gun related shootings, the victim is the one with the fake gun.

I'm interested to know when the new "gen 2" VIRTUS guns that were debuted at SHOT are going to be available in Canada.

I need the tan one. 11.5". Let's do it.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Having owned a Gen 1 MCX, I looked up to the Sig promise of modularity for it’s “weapon system” and it appears that on this side of the border is the “black hole” of black rifle consumer opinion that depending on the distributor may or may not care to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    So, I just got off the phone with my LGS, who had just spoken to a member of the M.D. Charleton staff regarding SIG VIRTUS barrels and parts support. My LGS rep was specifically told that no VITRTUS barrels are available, nor are there any plans to offer them. He stated that the same applies to complete VIRTUS Upper Receivers, which are supposedly being "phased out" (whatever that means, since they have never been "phased in"!!).

The above makes absolutely no sense, and flies directly in the face of everything SIG has said that they have planned for the VIRTUS as their highly modular, "perfect battle rifle" (SIG's words, not mine). I am guessing that the M.D. Charleton rep was simply confused and speaking about the Gen 1 MCX being phased out, vice the VIRTUS (Gen 3 MCX), but who knows. According to my LGS rep, the guy on the other end was certain that his info was correct. As a result, he would not accept my request to order two Calibre Exchange Kits.

Fine. M.D. Charleton, I am done with you. This is the final straw for me. You have done nothing but repeatedly stonewall and disappoint me WRT the availability of SIG products and spare parts support. I am confident that one of the third-party importers will be happy and able to assist me with a purchase from a U.S. stocking dealer or the Sig Store itself. M.D. Charleton has utterly squandered my confidence and my future business.

Rant off. Have a nice day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123