Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First purchase

Not a fan of polymer platforms i prefer Metal. Me and my friend when we went to pick them he picked up a M&P range kit i got Cdn Edition CZ. Next one for me was Sig P226 Elite Stainless.

Sometimes you get stuck with a particular platform in your mind best is to try the feel of them the most if you can wait try them out at local range if they can rent sometimes the want of a platform can quickly diminish to having it in safe because you have it than using it and enjoying it.

If you try one you like then you can always pick it up deals regularly happen but i rather have what i want than having what i bought. ;-)

Definitely invest time to get to a range and try several guns (shooting at target, seeing how/what you hit, not just feeling it in the hands). Even same class of guns, within a similar price range, can behave extremely differently. Personal experience: my S&W M&P 9, looks great, feels great every time I shoot, but me and the gun do a horrible job at matching POI with POA (others who shot the gun did). On the other hand, my H&K SFP9, while I don't love its design so much, fits my bill much better, most shots get where I want and all that. Mind you, I reckon most people would get frustrated easily with a gun that doesn't shoot where they expect to. Yeah, I know it's the shooter (me) in this case, not getting along with the M&P, but the point is you've to try stuff. You might be surprised how different they behave...

CGN Regular
    Can't stress how important it is to shoot as many different types of guns before you buy one. Shoot everything, not just the ones you think you will like. I hated 1911's and everything about them until I shot one. Also shoot with an open mind. Do not listen to the people working at the counter, do your research on the guns when you go home. Don't set your mind on one gun (or style of gun) before you shoot lots of different styles. I would buy used because handguns usually don't have problems unless they have been damaged in some way. And if they do it is usuall just a pin, spring, or small piece that needs to be replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12