Thread: AICS Metal Magazine Sale! 30% off

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar

AICS Metal Magazine Sale! 30% off

All Accuracy International AICS Magazines 30% off!!

308Win - 5 Round - $94.99
    300WinMag - 5 Round - $99.99
    338 Lapua - 5 Round - $104.99
    Last edited by Prophet River; 11-03-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Don't take this as a personal attack, but is there a reason why these little boxes made of stamped metal are so outrageously expensive? I'm genuinely curious, because I've seen these kind of prices for these mags before.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    Don't take this as a personal attack, but is there a reason why these little boxes made of stamped metal are so outrageously expensive? I'm genuinely curious, because I've seen these kind of prices for these mags before.
    Small production quantity. They don't run batches of millions like AR or AK mags. The volume on these is more in the ballpark of most bolt guns volumes. Tikka T3/T3x mags are small plastic boxes and cost 70-75$.

I agree with you that considering what they are, the prices of AICS mags are outrageous. But to be honest, this can be said about every magazine of every gun if you think about it.

CGN Regular
    Just want to chime in. You can of course by cheaper magazine. Accurate Mag is a cheaper one that comes to mind. I originally used Accurate Mag, I switch to AI. I will never go back. AI magazine has a much more consistent spring with lighter tension. This allows a fully loaded mag to be seated more easily, while still allowing reliable feeding. It does not scratch brass as severely due to the lower pressure on the casings. The finish on the AI mag is of higher quality and is more robust. Just holding the two in your hands you can feel the build quality is higher. For me AI mags are worth the extra 30%. That does not mean that they will be worth that to you.

Not to steal anyone's thunder or step on anyone's toes, but MDT just released their 10 round metal mags for $70 I believe and they are on par with the AI's for build quality.
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - and proud to be Canadian!

One rifle - one planet - Holland's 375.

Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    They are crafted individually by British Craftsman, using traditional tools in specialized facility with a rich history dating all the way back to 1978, also because it is Ant-gun Britain, no commoners's life is worth protecting, it is only for the rich and famous, so anything firearm related are subject to a luxury tax, to keep it out of the hands the un-washed masses.

CGN Regular
    The rifle for these magazines goes for about 15k after you take into account glass and tax and people are wondering why they cost 20 bucks more than others.

I gotta say, I'm starting to feel sorry for the retailers who have to deal with this mindset every day.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DWiB View Post
    The rifle for these magazines goes for about 15k after you take into account glass and tax and people are wondering why they cost 20 bucks more than others.

I gotta say, I'm starting to feel sorry for the retailers who have to deal with this mindset every day.
    15k$??? There are rifles using AICS mags going for 1000$ or less. Put just about any rifle into an MDT stock and it now takes AICS pattern mags.

As for questionning the price of magazines, every retailers get questions about the price of everything they sell. If you can't cope with that, retail isn't your calling. In this case the question isn't why these particular mags are so expensive imho, it's why a simple aluminium can with a spring and a piece of plastic is so expensive. Accurate Mags or AI, 70$ or 100$, it's still 2 or 3 times the price of an AR10 mag, which is something fundamentally similar.