Thread: Lost $523.24 - Not a Slag...

Lost $523.24 - Not a Slag...

For starters, this by no means is a slag against any individual or company, as I know that any negative comments would be countered.

However, I am out $523.24 and have no idea what to do. So, I hope posting here might help with resolution, as I tried email and calling S&J Hardware, but they have stopped responding to my request.

Here is the situation:

On 22 November 2017, I bought the 20" Odin Works barrel, bolt and gas block package for a future SLR build.

I acknowledged that S&J Hardware have a 30-day return policy, and in June I sent an email request explaining my situation, and Simon graciously made the decision to refund my purchase in full on June 23rd, which I realize he didn't have to, but did. I was impressed and pleased.

I sent the barrel package back, which has since been posted for sale on this sight by S&J Hardware on 20 July 2018.

When speaking to Simon, he told me that the CC refund could not be applied as the purchase was too old. He asked me if I wanted a cheque or store credit instead. I asked for a cheque, and he agreed to send me one in the mail.

Two weeks passed, and no cheque. I then asked Simon to confirm the address he sent it to and when. Unfortunately, Simon has now chosen not to reply to my email requests for information. Every time I call, I am met with an answering machine.

I realize Simon didn't have to offer the refund, but since he did I sent the barrel back. Now, I am out the refund, and out the barrel (which I would have sold on EE if I still had it).

My CC company said that if he had tried to refund the card, it would have worked, even if I had changed cards because the accounts are linked. Unfortunately, they can't open a dispute file on this situation, as it is older than 120-days.

I am lost as to what to do next......as I am not in a position to just let $523.24 go out the window.

As i said in the last 2 email
    The cheque HAS BEEN SENT BUT IT WAS SENT LATE.
    we could not do a refund to you card has our system only keeps that info for 90 days.
    Sorry to say you are just going to have to wait on the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemar View Post
    For starters, this by no means is a slag against any individual or company, as I know that any negative comments would be countered.

However, I am out $523.24 and have no idea what to do. So, I hope posting here might help with resolution, as I tried email and calling S&J Hardware, but they have stopped responding to my request.

Here is the situation:

On 22 November 2017, I bought the 20" Odin Works barrel, bolt and gas block package for a future SLR build.

I acknowledged that S&J Hardware have a 30-day return policy, and in June I sent an email request explaining my situation, and Simon graciously made the decision to refund my purchase in full on June 23rd, which I realize he didn't have to, but did. I was impressed and pleased.

I sent the barrel package back, which has since been posted for sale on this sight by S&J Hardware on 20 July 2018.

When speaking to Simon, he told me that the CC refund could not be applied as the purchase was too old. He asked me if I wanted a cheque or store credit instead. I asked for a cheque, and he agreed to send me one in the mail.

Two weeks passed, and no cheque. I then asked Simon to confirm the address he sent it to and when. Unfortunately, Simon has now chosen not to reply to my email requests for information. Every time I call, I am met with an answering machine.

I realize Simon didn't have to offer the refund, but since he did I sent the barrel back. Now, I am out the refund, and out the barrel (which I would have sold on EE if I still had it).

My CC company said that if he had tried to refund the card, it would have worked, even if I had changed cards because the accounts are linked. Unfortunately, they can't open a dispute file on this situation, as it is older than 120-days.

I am lost as to what to do next......as I am not in a position to just let $523.24 go out the window.