Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Modern Varmint 3 Gun Highlight Reel

2017 Modern Varmint 3 Gun Highlight Reel

Hey guys, check out this highlight reel of my Modern Varmint in the two largest 3 Gun matches Canada has to offer this year:

[youtube]JJSu2jWsJEQ[/youtube]

Footage from the 2017 Redneck 3 Gun Championship in Lone Butte, BC and the inaugural Prairie Fire Classic Multigun in Saskatoon, SK.

The rifle performed flawlessly for me all season, good enough in fact to take 1st overall at both matches!

Up next:

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3 Gun in Mesa, AZ!

http://smm3gun.com/

That thing runs amazingly. What muzzle device are you using?

That's a precision armament M4-72. Its pretty wicked, the shooter does get a little bit of blast though. I'm plugged and muffed for 3 gun anyways, so not a bit issue, but I feel more gas from this one than any other break I have used, might bother some people.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Nice shooting, rifles running well from the looks of those videos. Any issues to date? Even if they were related to mags or ammo.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Absolutely no issues with mine. Has run on every mag I have tried... ATRS, Pmag, LAR, AA, Elander... all good! My rifle digests mostly 55grain bulk (factory and handloads) but has seen several hundred 69gr match handloads as well. Shot a few real nice sub MOA groups with those, though as you might have guessed from the video this rifle doesn't see the bench very often .

Looks great Jeff, any mod's you've done at all ? New timney calvin elite AR trigger, low-mass JP bolt carrier, or anything?

Finally got my Safariland gear and cant wait to shoot with you in the hopefully not so distant future.
    Vid's look great!

Super GunNutz
    Rifle looks great. Nice shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kranatos View Post
    Looks great Jeff, any mod's you've done at all ? New timney calvin elite AR trigger, low-mass JP bolt carrier, or anything?
    Only difference on mine is I like a 2 stage trigger, so I have the Timney 2 Stage. Probably actually their slowest trigger, but I prefer it for the long range shots after some quick strings, mentally reminds me to slow down and feel the break. I looked into a JP LMOS, but I am not confident there is enough meat left on the bolt carrier for the side charger, as JP's is slightly different. Still running stock BCG.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Only difference on mine is I like a 2 stage trigger, so I have the Timney 2 Stage. Probably actually their slowest trigger...
    Hey OP, which Timney 2 stage are you using? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast