Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help from CGN community westrifle.com

left a 5 star review
    Parcels are sent via Canada Post and include $100 insurance and signature required. Extra insurance is available at extra cost to you per Canada Post $2.20 per $100 optional.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Something is not right there you have 11 reviews all positive except one how do you get a 1 star. That has to be some kind off F up at google. Is there a way to contact them and ask them WTF
    It will take a week before google takes the new reviews into account for a new rating

Expired Business Member
    Thank you very much everyone. Yes I reported them to google. It will take some time to remove it. People on google read reviews if they are not on cgn they don’t know how long we are in business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCanadian View Post
    Huh, can't edit my post; wanted to add that I personally hardy ever read those reviews. The reality being any review worth it's salt will say more than "They didn't done good". It's not difficult for most to see the BS reviews for what they are.
    You can't edit your post because Westrifle won't let you
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just an FYI, right on your homepage:

Home
    WELCOME TO WESTRIFLE ONLINE STORE . Wetrifle.com is one of the best source for Russian surplus rifles in Canada

There are some things I like wet, but rifles are not one of them

I have a business and have had customers try to get out of paying by threatening a bad review online. Reviews are a good tool but it's really not fair that someone can unfairly damage your reputation online with no repercussions. I had a customer that never paid me and when I tried to collect went online and left bad reviews, a BBB complaint etc. I could sue him for libel but that would take years and tens of thousands of dollars so they get away with it. All you can really do is build up enough good reviews to drown them out.

Done, review submitted for you guys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IronCanadian's Avatar
    Yeah, was pretty sure that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    You can't edit your post because Westrifle won't let you
    At some point in their life, everyone will gamble on a fart and lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm not sure most people understand how google's reviews work. It's not just about the numbers, it's also about the timeline. A bunch of positive or negative reviews in a short period of time has less effect than the same amount of reviews over a longer period of time. So 10 good reviews today generated by this post have less effect than 10 good reviews over 5-10 weeks. I think the reviewer's track record also has some weight, so for example the 2 bad reviews by new accounts with only 1 reviews each have much less effect than a review by a guy who has reviewed 75 different business.

On a side note, google reviews of business aren't that looked on, especially in a specialized market such as canadian firearms. A single negative but detailed review on CGN (The type "I bought a defective product and the store outrigt refused to do anything about it", but with more details, then followed by no word at all from the store owner/operator) can have more effect on the top and bottom line than any amount of google review. For example, I know of at least one store in Vankleek Hill that will never see a penny of my money even though I've never googled them.

Reviews for products are very helpfull, and they can make or break a market (for the latest example, see the price of RP9, which Remington has to give away for free because of bad reviews), especially for online purchases cause you can't see or touch the product before buying it. But for gun stores, not that much.

Expired Business Member
    When you own your business you try to protect especially from people who never ordered from you and try to say bad things. Thankfully I have an army of loyal customers who bought from me in the past 10 years. We would not survive for 10 years if we did not have satisfied customers

Al

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I have a business and have had customers try to get out of paying by threatening a bad review online. Reviews are a good tool but it's really not fair that someone can unfairly damage your reputation online with no repercussions. I had a customer that never paid me and when I tried to collect went online and left bad reviews, a BBB complaint etc. I could sue him for libel but that would take years and tens of thousands of dollars so they get away with it. All you can really do is build up enough good reviews to drown them out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123