Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: CHEAP 7,62x39 NON-CORROSIVE !!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zZ_denis View Post
    Any chance you guys can load some CORROSIVE lead core? I really couldn't care less if ammo is corrosive or not, I just want something decently-priced that is legal to shoot at indoor ranges. Im sure im not the only one.
    Perhaps pull the bullets from the cheapest surplus you can get your hands on, put a new lead core bullet in them, and use the pulled bullet for the non-corrosive loads.
    ^this. I would have ordered a case if it was lead core, non-corrosive.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Any chance you guys can load some CORROSIVE lead core? I really couldn't care less if ammo is corrosive or not, I just want something decently-priced that is legal to shoot at indoor ranges. Im sure im not the only one.
    Perhaps pull the bullets from the cheapest surplus you can get your hands on, put a new lead core bullet in them, and use the pulled bullet for the non-corrosive loads.
    We could check with the supplier for the cases if they can leave in the old primers. The big issue is a source for bullets. Using new bullets would double the finished cost at this point

There you go, a whole new business model, "Minute Load" you walk in off the street fill in a menu sheet, pick you bullet, weigh, casing and load combination, than you sit down in the waiting room while they load your order in the back!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any performance specs on these? Any chance they could be shot through a chrony to see how they compare to the other stuff on the market by chance? I know that is asking a lot, but just wondering if you have experimented at all?
    1944 - 18 year old men stormed the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2021 - 18 year old boys need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.
    2022 - 18 year old boys aren't sure what bathroom to use.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We could check with the supplier for the cases if they can leave in the old primers. The big issue is a source for bullets. Using new bullets would double the finished cost at this point
    Well, you can re-use or sell the pulled steel core bullets, right? Wouldn't that kind of make up for most of the price difference in bullet cost (vs new lead core bullets)? These pulled 7.62 projectiles are listed for $150/1000 on your website. I see TMJ plated 123gr lead core bullets listed in US for $~100USD/1000. Im sure you guys can have them made here for similar price. You would also save a bunch on replacing the primers (which im sure isn't easy, considering that these cases are Berdan), so im not sure why the finished product would cost "twice as much".

Well, you can re-use or sell the pulled steel core bullets, right? Wouldn't that kind of make up for most of the price difference in bullet cost (vs new lead core bullets)? These pulled 7.62 projectiles are listed for $150/1000 on your website. I see TMJ plated 123gr lead core bullets listed in US for $~100USD/1000. Im sure you guys can have them made here for similar price. You would also save a bunch on replacing the primers (which im sure isn't easy, considering that these cases are Berdan), so im not sure why the finished product would cost "twice as much".
    I'm guessing new lead core 7.62 bullets made Canada, say by CamPro would cost anywhere from $200.00-$250.00 CDN per 1000 projectiles, the price on the finished product would definitely be higher.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

How about just some more cheap surplus?
    Corrosive/non corrosive I don't care, steel or lead core I don't care, just some bulk for less than $ 0.23/round shipped. Cheaper would be better of course but trying to be realistic.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Canada Ammo doesn't pull the bullets themselves, they just buy them in bulk from ex-Comm Bloc countries looking to get rid of old stock, so chances are the prices on the steel core bullets are pennies per round vs new manufactured bullets which will be about a 10 to 15 cents a round, so instead 32 cents a round, the lead core ammo will be about 42 to 47 cents around, which is the price of Tula SP.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    We sell them now, but they don't sell very fast and at less than the price of new. The reason it would cost twice as much is because bullets from the russian army are cheap and bullets from sierra are not. I will have a look at the berrys 123 TMJ.

I generally stay away from TMJ in semi rifles, but we can test some

Wah Wah...out of stock! Definitely a lot of interest here - any more expected soon?