Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CHEAP 7,62x39 NON-CORROSIVE !!!

CGN Regular
    Hi CanAm thanks for keeping up the supply of non-corrosive ammo, just ordered a box.

I am really interested in the process that takes place when manufacturing this ammo, do you just take normal corrosive ammo, pull the bullet, dump powder, change over primer, put powder and bullet back in?

I like watching those you tube videos that show how they manufacture new ammo just really interested in how this process works, would understand if prefer to keep some info private for business/safety reasons

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delboybc View Post
    Hi CanAm thanks for keeping up the supply of non-corrosive ammo, just ordered a box.

I am really interested in the process that takes place when manufacturing this ammo, do you just take normal corrosive ammo, pull the bullet, dump powder, change over primer, put powder and bullet back in?

I like watching those you tube videos that show how they manufacture new ammo just really interested in how this process works, would understand if prefer to keep some info private for business/safety reasons
    The pulling is all done overseas. The machine that deprimes is quite amazing. It does it automatically using water.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    The pulling is all done overseas. The machine that deprimes is quite amazing. It does it automatically using water.
    Thanks for the info, must be interesting to watch.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Yes, everything is done on rotary machines, even the stuff we do on transfer presses in the West

CGN Regular
    So if the ammo can be pulled, emptied and deprimed, and reloaded and sold for 239/1000...I'd be in for some even cheaper corrosive as well, lol...it's not as plentiful as it once was either...

Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    So if the ammo can be pulled, emptied and deprimed, and reloaded and sold for 239/1000...I'd be in for some even cheaper corrosive as well, lol...it's not as plentiful as it once was either...
    Canada Ammo started reloading because ex-com bloc countries are getting rid of their surplus stock by pulling them apart instead of exporting them out of country.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    Canada Ammo started reloading because ex-com bloc countries are getting rid of their surplus stock by pulling them apart instead of exporting them out of country.
    why would they do such a terrible thing?

Yes, everything is done on rotary machines, even the stuff we do on transfer presses in the West
    You do have that fancy YouTube channel just begging for new videos
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Regular
    After opening my box o bullets, and reading how parts come from overseas, a funny pic comes to mind, canada ammo opening their 55,000 pound shipping container and all the cases spilling out.

CGN Regular
    Well, range report, like I thought, primers set too far in, 4 out of 70 didn't go bang, the 4 that had primers way too far in, one so far I can't feel it with my finger. Looking through box now, looks like 20 to 30 % are too far in, but going off the 4 out of 70, most should fire. And incase anyone wonders, I've reloaded approx 6000 rounds of various calibers, so I do know what they should be like.
    As for accuracy, 6" target at 50 yr, 29 out of 30 in the 6 ", that's with an AR and cheap red dot.