Fake cans/suppressors

Is this any closer to reality? I really want one. I love your fake cans. Makes whatever I throw them all beefed up looking.

We've done a few preliminary designs and are not sure which concept to go with. Maybe some folks here can provide feedback:

concept # 1 -- an aluminum shroud that slips over the S&J hardware linear comp or the TNA Landmine, turns it into a reverse-style fake can with the linear comp inside. Remove the shroud anytime to go with a naked comp.

concept #2 -- a one-piece, steel, reverse-style fake can that has a linear comp built in, like the example in the picture two posts up from here. This would be heavier but more durable and simple.

concept #3 -- an aluminum shroud that screws onto a TNA Classy Muzzle Brake, that extends rearward behind the brake. When you screw it on, you get both a brake shroud and a reverse-style fake can.

We've done a few preliminary designs and are not sure which concept to go with. Maybe some folks here can provide feedback:

concept # 1 -- an aluminum shroud that slips over the S&J hardware linear comp or the TNA Landmine, turns it into a reverse-style fake can with the linear comp inside. Remove the shroud anytime to go with a naked comp.

concept #2 -- a one-piece, steel, reverse-style fake can that has a linear comp built in, like the example in the picture two posts up from here. This would be heavier but more durable and simple.

concept #3 -- an aluminum shroud that screws onto a TNA Classy Muzzle Brake, that extends rearward behind the brake. When you screw it on, you get both a brake shroud and a reverse-style fake can.

Concept #1 sounds good......I'll take 2 please!

I’d take both Concept 1 and Concept 2.

Is this any closer to reality? I really want one. I love your fake cans. Makes whatever I throw them all beefed up looking.

Getting closer, this is our current design. Exterior dimensions are the same as our other fake cans -- just under 1.25 x 5.5" and it covers 4.5" of barrel length.

As designed, it would fit the following barrels/gas lengths, assuming a 1" long gas block (i.e. not an FSB):
- 10.5" or longer barrels with a Pistol gas system,
- 14.5" or longer barrels with a Carbine gas system,
- 16" or longer barrels with a Midlength gas system, and
- 18.5" or longer barrels with a Rifle gas system.

Even with hollowing out the inside, we're looking at about 340 grams (just under 12 oz) ... does that put anybody off?

I hope to have a finalized design and an ETA within a week or so.

K660Vkw.png

If I understand you correctly, it has a single wall.

Can you make it double walled, with a void between the walls so the gasses expand into the void between the two walls and then get released through ports facing up and back? This would reduce flash and recoil and give the device utility other than just aesthetics.

Can you make it double walled, with a void between the walls so the gasses expand into the void between the two walls and then get released through ports facing up and back? This would reduce flash and recoil and give the device utility other than just aesthetics.

Wouldn't this turn this into a somewhat functionnal muffling device ?

Back
Top Bottom