Fake cans/suppressors

Wouldn't this turn this into a somewhat functionnal muffling device ?

No more than any other compensator.
Now, if you were to accidentally spill some water/glycerin between the two walls, it may absorb some of the heat of the gasses as it boils away. This could have the unintended side effect of reducing the blast sound. But what the hell do I know...

Can you make it double walled, with a void between the walls so the gasses expand into the void between the two walls and then get released through ports facing up and back? This would reduce flash and recoil and give the device utility other than just aesthetics.

Right now the concept is just a basic linear comp.

Can you post a drawing so I can understand better?

Right now the concept is just a basic linear comp.

Can you post a drawing so I can understand better?

Maybe something like this:

qhJhPHc.png

MvJoPg7.png

53VNpbO.png

Interesting,
Have you ever seen a device like this available commercially?

This is almost the same style suppressor that works on airsoft or .22LR, with standard rounds. I can't see this making it to market. Didn't GSG have to change the fake suppressor that came with the 1911 pistol as the RCMP deemed it to easy to mod?

I have seen this one, the longer version, with holes that go all the way through to make it act like a flash hider/comp. Don't know if it's legal though.
IMG_4291_socom_fake_can.JPG

Last edited:
I currently have a barrel shrouded style fake can on my WK180 and I love it, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to orient their writing better? Maybe by using another washer? My writing is upside down, which looks kinda silly.

I currently have a barrel shrouded style fake can on my WK180 and I love it, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to orient their writing better? Maybe by using another washer? My writing is upside down, which looks kinda silly.

I am just using one washer on mine and the writing is only slightly downwards (~4 o'clock position).

F7ihcmP.png

Ideally I'd like it at 3 o'clock, but hey still looks good.

I am just using one washer on mine and the writing is only slightly downwards (~4 o'clock position).

Ideally I'd like it at 3 o'clock, but hey still looks good.

Just file your washer on a flat file. Make it thiner but be careful as it doesn't take too much to move a little. Then crank it tight.

Back
Top Bottom