Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14242627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Fake cans/suppressors

For those who bought one, any effect on accuracy ? (for better or worse) and did anybody who owns one noticed if the barrel heated up faster or slower? I'm very interested in getting a reverse style one.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by irish_gun_lover View Post
    For those who bought one, any effect on accuracy ? (for better or worse) and did anybody who owns one noticed if the barrel heated up faster or slower? I'm very interested in getting a reverse style one.
    I have one with the brake built in. No change in accuracy or barrel heat. Have it on a WK180C. Same as this one: https://truenortharms.com/ar15_defau...ith-brake.html
    Seems like they're out of stock though
    CCFR, NFA

Quote Originally Posted by irish_gun_lover View Post
    I have always used one of these on my rifles. Only reason is I find it to be a nice neighbor on the shooting line when the blast isn't knocking your neighbors over from the muzzle blast. Haven't noticed an issue with accuracy. My guns are only as accurate as I am. But they are nice on my tavor since your face is so close to the end of the barrel it's nice to have the blast move forward and not to the side.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    don't know too much about these.....but is there any that would fit a Glock 19 9mm?
    Any of the extension-style (not reverse) cans should work, though you may need to use a thread adapter to convert from the metrique barrel to imperialist faux suppressor threads.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Regular
    I’m interested in getting a fake can for my new WK180C... to cover up some of the excess barrel length. Can anyone comment on the flash and recoil characteristics of the plain vs break vs linear compensator versions?

Someone on another thread said swapping the stock bird cage out for a basic fake can turned his rifle into a flame thrower LOL... lots of flash. He had to go back to stock flash hider out of embarrassment.

What have you guys noticed? Or has True North done any testing and there’s some results or videos somewhere?

Thanks!

If it looks like one it must be a real one ! Assault style silencer lol ban it lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Will the reverse style with brake (1/2"x 28) fit the FX-9 to replace the brake that's on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Will the reverse style with brake (1/2"x 28) fit the FX-9 to replace the brake that's on there?
    X2. I’m sure I recall you guys working in one, I’m patiently waiting
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!

CGN Regular
    Let me ask this way... do either the brake or linear compensator do anything with flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual.Chris View Post
    Let me ask this way... do either the brake or linear compensator do anything with flash?
    Have the one with brake on my WK. No real noticible flash on shooters end. Helps the recoil a bit even though the gun barely has any.