Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remembrance day day sale

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    I think a celebratory "Remembrance Day Sale" is tasteless as well.

Might as well also have an Auschwitz Day sale or a Pearl Harbor Day Sale...just simply crass

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Yeah - Veterans Day Sale - well done Hical.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

I'm currently serving, been doing it for 15 years, 460 days in Panjway and take absolutly no offence in a remembrance day/veteran's day sale.

For the easily offended, are you vets or serving ?
    Last edited by DT741; 11-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Hi, a Vet here. (R-West-R)

Nothing wrong with calling it a Remembrance day sale. Not sure why some idiots don't want to save some money.

Vets doesn't get much appreciation on a good day in Canada, sure as hell I'll buy my ammo with a 10% off.

For all you keyboard warriors out there, get out there and shoot some ammo; attend some ####ing parades; pay some respects to people who have defended the rights for you to post some bull#### complains about a sale.

Unless you (complainers) want to supply my shooting habit, #### OFF and let me have a discount on some much wanted supplies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    So the guys that are serving, or have served (thank-you for all you do) have no issue with this, but the guys that need to be politically correct and stir it up, are doing it now. Wow. I think you should boycott and then picket in front of this store so that all may see how this affects you and everyone else in this country.......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    SOME of the guys who served have no issue. I wouldn't think they are a representative sample.

SOME who have an issue may have served and don't want to mention it.

It's NOT about being politically correct.

Let's remember what Remembrance Day is: it is a solemn occassion to remember the war dead. Fallen brothers. Initially for those lost in the first world war and then for those in later wars and conflicts.

Remember the phrase "Lest we forget"

2 tours in Afghanistan, 1 tour in Africa and I am STILL a serving member... I have been for 15 years. I see absolutely no issues with a Remembrance Day OR Veterans Day sale... God forbid someone wants to have a sale. Man you people are offended WAY too easily. I’d be curious to see how many of these people bashing companies and sponsors for these sales are ACTUALLY serving members in the CF or ever have been, just big mouths looking for a platform to ##### on. Get a grip.

Many thanks to ALL the sponsors offering these discounts.
    Last edited by JRZ; 11-11-2017 at 01:17 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Shot View Post
    SOME of the guys who served have no issue. I wouldn't think they are a representative sample.

SOME who have an issue may have served and don't want to mention it.

It's NOT about being politically correct.

Let's remember what Remembrance Day is: it is a solemn occassion to remember the war dead. Fallen brothers. Initially for those lost in the first world war and then for those in later wars and conflicts.

Remember the phrase "Lest we forget"
    So far, none had any issue. Some people like sales, some don't. I don't think we're going to forget, just because there is a sale lol. If anything, it's a bigger reminder. Maybe we should worry about orange and black day oops I mean Halloween too, and the whole merry Christmas thing that turned into happy holidays. Can't offend anyone these days by having a sale, God forbid.

26 years in and counting, with a few missions overseas (Cyprus 91, Bosnia 92, 96, 99, Eritrea 2000, Afghanistan 03 & 07 and Haiti 04)

I have NO issues with sales of any kind and on any day. Thank you.

As to the haters.... grow the #### up and go find a real platform to argu about.

All the SJWs complaining about the name of a sale ....funny the actual veterans have no problem with it...looking for a problem when there is none.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast