Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Grizzly-mag 12ga 8.5" shotgun w/bead sight black

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We have mag-fed kodiaks coming too
    Unless they are 870 clones they won’t be any good to me

Can anyone who owns confirm can you or can you not swap the barrel on the 8.5 been reading due to the model it's unable to swap barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Can anyone who owns confirm can you or can you not swap the barrel on the 8.5 been reading due to the model it's unable to swap barrels
    Do you mean swap the barrel with standard 870 barrels? If so, NO, you can't. Because the magazine tube is shorter on the 8.5", the placement of the loop/ring thing (not sure on the exact name of that feature) is a bit further back on the shorties, and can't interface with a regular 870 mag thbe, and vice versa. Although it wouldn't be hard to get someone to make a longer barrel specifically for the 8.5".

You can on 12.5" Grizzly shotguns that have the 4 shot magazine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We have mag-fed kodiaks coming too
    What kind of magazines will be available? Will they feed from standard Turkish style mags like the semi-autos all use? Or maybe piggyback and use SAP-6 mags? I've been wanting a decent mag fed pump action WITHOUT the stupid spring loaded forend, this might be the one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertebrae View Post
    Do you mean swap the barrel with standard 870 barrels? If so, NO, you can't. Because the magazine tube is shorter on the 8.5", the placement of the loop/ring thing (not sure on the exact name of that feature) is a bit further back on the shorties, and can't interface with a regular 870 mag thbe, and vice versa. Although it wouldn't be hard to get someone to make a longer barrel specifically for the 8.5".

You can on 12.5" Grizzly shotguns that have the 4 shot magazine, though.

What kind of magazines will be available? Will they feed from standard Turkish style mags like the semi-autos all use? Or maybe piggyback and use SAP-6 mags? I've been wanting a decent mag fed pump action WITHOUT the stupid spring loaded forend, this might be the one for me.
    yes I ment barrels and such I guess my reading was correct the 12.5 might be better thank you

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345