Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hical SKS Mag Adapters, Now With Free 10 Rd Mag!

CGN Regular
    have you guys run into any issues with any of the various "officials" with respect to a firearm being modified to accept an adapter that allows it to hold a different magazine? Are we into the grey area of the code now?

Looks like a great product, very well made and super convenient to have a bunch of LAR mags to run through instead of effing around with 5round stripper clips...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Hey,

can you guys do something similar for SVT 40's??
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by meatball74 View Post
    have you guys run into any issues with any of the various "officials" with respect to a firearm being modified to accept an adapter that allows it to hold a different magazine? Are we into the grey area of the code now?

Looks like a great product, very well made and super convenient to have a bunch of LAR mags to run through instead of effing around with 5round stripper clips...
    No, its perfectly legal to use approved pistol magazines in a semi auto centerfire rifle. Examples are the JR carbine, ASR Carbine, Sub 2000 etc.....
    Our free mag sale is now over.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    No, its perfectly legal to use approved pistol magazines in a semi auto centerfire rifle. Examples are the JR carbine, ASR Carbine, Sub 2000 etc.....
    Our free mag sale is now over.
    Yes, that part I do understand. No argument there.

My question is regarding the act of modifying a centerfire semi-auto rifle to accept a pistol magazine as is needed for this adapter and the XCR-M Mag to work with the SKS. In essence the action, chambering etc., is not changed - but I don't know how specific things get in the code when taking a grinder to a rifle to get a different mag to fit.

^^^ oh he knows. Lol. Is what it is, that concerned dont buy one
    Nice job Thanks Hical.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny88 View Post
    ^^^ oh he knows. Lol. Is what it is, that concerned dont buy one
    Nice job Thanks Hical.
    As "helpful" as your input is, I was hoping for an actual, useful reply, something in the form of "Yes, it's completely legal to make such mods" or "we don't know" or "it's grey, but we THINK its ok".
    I agree that the adapter is nice, and its pretty damn slick how it works, but I also like the side of the prison bars that I'm currently on. So some tangible input from the experts that made the product and produced the instructions on how to modify a SKS to accept this part would be appreciated and should be expected from the guys buying the product.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball74 View Post
    As "helpful" as your input is, I was hoping for an actual, useful reply, something in the form of "Yes, it's completely legal to make such mods" or "we don't know" or "it's grey, but we THINK its ok".
    I agree that the adapter is nice, and its pretty damn slick how it works, but I also like the side of the prison bars that I'm currently on. So some tangible input from the experts that made the product and produced the instructions on how to modify a SKS to accept this part would be appreciated and should be expected from the guys buying the product.
    So, it is legal, as there is no specific law that says it is illegal. There are laws about modifying magazines for capacity, but nothing that applies to their product (adapter).

But, it does fall into a grey area, one that could change in the future. Hical has been around and selling these for a while now, if they were breaking a law they would have had the RCMP shut them down and be in court already.

If your still concerned look into laws that apply to modifying firearms (it's usually length, or auto mods that will get you in trouble) or to magazines, which is modifying for capacity.

I think for the most part the RCMP aren't too concerned with things like this, legitimate owners will spend time and money on a product like this, real criminals will utilize illegal black market arms and simply drill out rivots or have prohib mags. they wouldn't be catching real "bad guys", just making new ones out of regular citizens.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post
    So, it is legal, as there is no specific law that says it is illegal. There are laws about modifying magazines for capacity, but nothing that applies to their product (adapter).

But, it does fall into a grey area, one that could change in the future. Hical has been around and selling these for a while now, if they were breaking a law they would have had the RCMP shut them down and be in court already.

If your still concerned look into laws that apply to modifying firearms (it's usually length, or auto mods that will get you in trouble) or to magazines, which is modifying for capacity.

I think for the most part the RCMP aren't too concerned with things like this, legitimate owners will spend time and money on a product like this, real criminals will utilize illegal black market arms and simply drill out rivots or have prohib mags. they wouldn't be catching real "bad guys", just making new ones out of regular citizens.
    Thanks. This is actually a helpful response!

The pessimist in me can see the RCMP making an easy target out of law-abiding gun owners on this topic even though their efforts would be much better focused on an actual criminal. Mini-rant over, the abundance of laws seem to be around making a fire arm easier to conceal or a magazine hold more than the law permits. But as we've seen in the past a la the Rob Arms XCR... it takes one "know it all" officer to ruin a guys day of plinking.

That said the adapter looks sweet, fits well after a bunch of Dremel work and feeds a hungry SKS. I found I had to add just the tiniest relief to the breach area so that the 1st of 10 rounds on a fully loaded mag would feed. It had no issues feeding the 1st of 9 rounds nor if there was 8 rounds. just the strain of there being 10 rounds seemed to make it difficult and typically it would jam the tip of the bullet into the breach face damaging the tip... a tiny zing of the dremel to give it a tiny notch to ramp on was all it took.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    Hey,

can you guys do something similar for SVT 40's??
    Where are you going to get a 7.62X54R pistol mag ????
    lol
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

that seems like a fairly reasonable request. Definately dont want to be flirting with it if it could be disaster. I dont think the average Johnny Lawman(oops! lawperson) is hoing to be impressed unless one can cite something legal..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast