Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross-dominance. How do you deal with it?

I am left eye dominant / right handed. I modify my stance (turn my head) so that my left eye is in line with my right arm and creates the sight picture... It probably looks odd as my chin is almost on my right shoulder. I know this is not ideal but it works for me and try as I have I just cant shoot with my left hand.. and with both eyes open my dominant eye takes over.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer vagrantviking's Avatar
    The gf is a fairly new shooter and had some random looking issues, particularly with handguns, until we figured out the cross dominance.
    A blinder clipped on her safety glasses is a simple fix and has helped considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumonda View Post
    I am left eye dominant / right handed. I modify my stance (turn my head) so that my left eye is in line with my right arm and creates the sight picture... It probably looks odd as my chin is almost on my right shoulder. I know this is not ideal but it works for me and try as I have I just cant shoot with my left hand.. and with both eyes open my dominant eye takes over.
    I just bring the gun up to the left eye. I seem to be doing pretty well in competition with that.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12