CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 67 of 130 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636465666768697071727374757787 ... LastLast

Thread: SLR Rifles and Stripped Receivers

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc View Post
    july
    Attachment 184120
    please enjoy your non-restricted, restricted, $1000 receiver set. Lol
    I take it you don't understand the words that bill has either. Given how you don't understand CSC's point and the very fact you make reference to c71.
    Member: CPC, CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Super GunNutz
    I understand that this vaporware won't see the light of day before C71 and the main selling point will be negated by the fact that you will have to register it with the Horse Patrol just like every other AR-like system. MACDEF got greedy, they should have outsourced tooling to someone competent, like Kodiak/Wolverine and these would be circulating already. Instead they gambled on keeping everything in house to maximize profits and it looks like that decision is going to bite them in the beaver...

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet fenceline's Avatar
    I understand that this vaporware won't see the light of day before C71 and the main selling point will be negated by the fact that you will have to register it with the Horse Patrol just like every other AR-like system. MACDEF got greedy, they should have outsourced tooling to someone competent, like Kodiak/Wolverine and these would be circulating already. Instead they gambled on keeping everything in house to maximize profits and it looks like that decision is going to bite them in the beaver...
    Yup. You don't understand.
    Member: CPC, CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I’m in 3 presales right now and have done numerous before, so I’m used to waiting. I rather wait for a quality product, than getting a half baked one.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Gatehouse's Avatar
    The .375 H&H was once the Queen of the mid bores, but now she’s a kicked in tavern wench....

If anyone wants out of a preorder PM me. Ill take it!

Glad i have not bought a single part for that receiver set.
    They'll be here when they are ready i guess!

Well, I know who to add to the ignore list now....

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Luc View Post
    Glad i have not bought a single part for that receiver set.
    They'll be here when they are ready i guess!
    Not buying parts before they are out is a bad idea. Because when the flood gates open, there won't be parts anywhere to be found in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    Not buying parts before they are out is a bad idea. Because when the flood gates open, there won't be parts anywhere to be found in Canada.
    Other than the barrel, because of the limited number of 18.5" barrels being offered by manufacturers, I don't see this as being a real issue. There is no way that Canada will be sold out of AR parts. That's one of the selling points of the receiver sets is that they use common, readily available parts.

Having said that, if there are specific, small batch parts from a particular manufacturer that you want to incorporate into you build, then yes, you may have trouble with parts
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.