Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: 18.6" Barrels for AR15

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    I will be putting the RFQs in Monday.

I will have pricing once they come back.

We can make supply almost any barrel if there is demand, even blanks

The are button rifled.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer H Wally's Avatar
    Things I'm looking for in finished bargain AR barrels in order of priority:

1) Price. Cheaper the better.
    2) No frills - I can do what I want with it once I have it. Nitriding is fine as the price difference is negligible.
    3) "Common" or "versatile" twist rate. Main reason why I haven't gone for the 1:12 barrels you currently have in stock... just doesn't work with most loadings.
    4) Other cals. From a production standpoint 300blk seems like a good second option as it just requires a different blank and reamer to begin with. I don't know how popular it is, and I accept an 18.5 inch barrel isn't ideal for the caliber, but I would like it. I would really like 7.62x39 but then you start getting into longer barrel extensions and proprietary bolt heads to avoid shearing bolt lugs.... If you can make it work there's a lot of surplus that people want to shoot out there :P

I would love to get my mitts on some "blanks" - basically finished barrels reamed, fitted and headspaced to their extensions, but with no profile or gas port. It would save me having to do it myself. I'd ideally want a blank a bit longer than 18.5 so I can futz around and not be starting right at 18.5 inches with no wiggle room to crown or change anything at the muzzle.

CGN frequent flyer
    Im in...
    -mid to light weight,
    -.750 gas block...
    -nitride
    -Mid or rifle length gas system
    -threaded obviously

Id buy one in 556 and in 7.62X39...

CGN frequent flyer
    And maybe even 9mm... that would be pretty cool.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    You guys are living under a rock, lol.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...on-and-updates
    I was aware of that rifle...didn’t think there would be such a desire for barrels though
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN frequent flyer
    There just arent alot of 18.5 (or .6) inch AR barrels out there so anyone buying one of these reciever sets to build an NR AR-15... theyre going to need a barrel.

Just putting my ¢2 in, I'd like to see:

- rifle length gas system
    - nitride, qpq, or similar finish
    - 1/2-28 threaded

Quote Originally Posted by H Wally View Post
    Things I'm looking for in finished bargain AR barrels in order of priority:

1) Price. Cheaper the better.
    2) No frills - I can do what I want with it once I have it. Nitriding is fine as the price difference is negligible.
    3) "Common" or "versatile" twist rate. Main reason why I haven't gone for the 1:12 barrels you currently have in stock... just doesn't work with most loadings.
    4) Other cals. From a production standpoint 300blk seems like a good second option as it just requires a different blank and reamer to begin with. I don't know how popular it is, and I accept an 18.5 inch barrel isn't ideal for the caliber, but I would like it. I would really like 7.62x39 but then you start getting into longer barrel extensions and proprietary bolt heads to avoid shearing bolt lugs.... If you can make it work there's a lot of surplus that people want to shoot out there :P

I would love to get my mitts on some "blanks" - basically finished barrels reamed, fitted and headspaced to their extensions, but with no profile or gas port. It would save me having to do it myself. I'd ideally want a blank a bit longer than 18.5 so I can futz around and not be starting right at 18.5 inches with no wiggle room to crown or change anything at the muzzle.
    ^^^^^ MMmnnKay.
    Headspaced blanks or even just basic options in 300blk please.
    With guns...we are citizens.
    Without guns...we are subjects.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." H. L. Mencken

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    +1 for rifle length gas system.
    Get some!!! ^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Tagged!

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!