Baofeng radio-stock update

Any word when they will be in? I prefer to buy from you guys than other people. I have always had a good experience with you guys!

A whole new world would open up when one has Ham Radio Licence and these radios (and others including high power mobile units, base stations, even long distance communication)... I would encourage everybody to get licenced...

I wholeheartedly agree with that. As an Amateur Radio operator for many years the mobile radio, handheld, and location devices have served me very well.
The radios can be a bit much to program at first, but become much easier with use. I have my ham radio frequencies programmed in with other SAR, FRS, and logging road frequencies. I have had good luck with the various Chinese made radios, especially considering their low price. I've ordered direct from China with no problems.

A great resource to check out for more info on the radios is Miklor; http://www.miklor.com/

A whole new world would open up when one has Ham Radio Licence and these radios (and others including high power mobile units, base stations, even long distance communication)... I would encourage everybody to get licenced...

What's involved in getting licenced? Many years ago , Morse code was required. What frequencies are allowed for the general public?

You don't need Morse code anymore, unless you want to spread your wings on the short wave bands.
https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/025.nsf/eng/h_00006.html

Thank you Bassmaster , I am very interested in getting my license.
Now I know where to start , 2nd put in an order for a UV5r with Can Am
5 examiners all within a 1/2 hr of my place.

I have my Captains license for up to 10 miles off shore and had to do a VHF/UHF course for that so hopefully it's similar.
It wasn't all that difficult.

Is there a big difference between Tom he 5w and 8w? How are the antennas? Is it worth upgrading them? If so, where would I get a real one and not a knock off?

"Purchasers of this radio must be a holder of a Certificate in Proficiency in Amateur Radio in order to possess this radio"

Me neither ??

Back
Top Bottom