Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Baofeng radio-stock update

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    I just picked up two, new ones, under $70 incl tax and delivery
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

From where?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    I used 2 Beofangs for hunting this year. I had a buddy program the codes. Google frequency channel's... for the equivalent of commercial channel 1 to 12. The radio worked at range with clear sound (farthest call was about 2-3km). Rarely the odd amt of clipping could be heard but I think it was my buddies walking with their radios on. These radios were small and easy to keep in my pack plus the charge was excellent left one off the charger all week and used it no problem.
    Now the bad
    -the band button on the side switching it to radio mode is too easy to push
    -also the flashing light is similarly easily engaged
    - I somehow turned on a horrendous siren one day when turning it on in the tree stand...not sure how.
    - switching to Chinese mode complicated programming the radio when done accidentally and you only know English.
    - buy 2 radios that way whatever you do can be undone by using the other as an example.

This advice may be redundant for regular radio users but my only previous walkie talkie were made by Fisher Price. There's more functions and abilities built into these radios than I understand.
    Last edited by philhut; 12-01-2017 at 12:51 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomized View Post
    From where?
    Im guessing Amazon? Id like to pick up a couple of these too.

A whole new world would open up when one has Ham Radio Licence and these radios (and others including high power mobile units, base stations, even long distance communication)... I would encourage everybody to get licenced...

Quote Originally Posted by Randomized View Post
    From where?
    try gearbest . com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    I used 2 Beofangs for hunting this year. I had a buddy program the codes. Google frequency channel's... for the equivalent of commercial channel 1 to 12. The radio worked at range with clear sound (farthest call was about 2-3km). Rarely the odd amt of clipping could be heard but I think it was my buddies walking with their radios on. These radios were small and easy to keep in my pack plus the charge was excellent left one off the charger all week and used it no problem.
    Now the bad
    - I somehow turned on a horrendous siren one day when turning it on in the tree stand...not sure how.
    - switching to Chinese mode complicated programming the radio when done accidentally and you only know English.
    - buy 2 radios that way whatever you do can be undone by using the other as an example.

This advice may be redundant for regular radio users but my only previous walkie talkie were made by Fisher Price. There's more functions and abilities built into these radios than I understand.
    you can lock the keypad, then you don't have those problems. add a 771 antenna and a good hand held mike and they work even better

My uv5r were nice and clear for almost 3 miles. I bought (I assume fake) antennas from china. Didn't try them with the factory ones. Only problem was I could hear the other guys on the FMR? Channels (the cobra or whatever hand helds from Canadian Tire) but couldn't talk to them.
    (lin-e-man)
    ONE WHO DOES PRECISION GUESS WORK BASED ON UNRELIABLE DATA PROVIDED BY THOSE OF QUESTIONABLE KNOWLEDGE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    i used 2 beofangs for hunting this year. I had a buddy program the codes. Google frequency channel's... For the equivalent of commercial channel 1 to 12. The radio worked at range with clear sound (farthest call was about 2-3km). Rarely the odd amt of clipping could be heard but i think it was my buddies walking with their radios on. These radios were small and easy to keep in my pack plus the charge was excellent left one off the charger all week and used it no problem.
    Now the bad
    - i somehow turned on a horrendous siren one day when turning it on in the tree stand...not sure how.
    - switching to chinese mode complicated programming the radio when done accidentally and you only know english.

This advice may be redundant for regular radio users but my only previous walkie talkie were made by fisher price. There's more functions and abilities built into these radios than i understand.
    rtfm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    Still waiting for these to come back in stock
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC