Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

What proprietary parts does an ATRS build need?

And what price range for a upper/lower set?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    NR i assume?

What's the final price?

What's the ETA?

When is it going to be up on the site to order?
    Still awaiting an FRT#.
    Stripped upper and lower is $975.00
    ETA depends on FRT approval time.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    What proprietary parts does an ATRS build need?
    The upper and lower

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    How can I buy?
    Until we KNOW that the FRT is favorable we are not taking orders unless someone wants to roll the dice on the legal classification and live with whatever the feds decide. There is always the possibility we could get a restricted legal classification. This is highly unlikely but given the current regime, still a possibility.
    We are a little more cautious than some of the other manufacturers seem to be of late.

We ARE taking emails that we will keep on file until we have the FRT decision so that those who want to order the uppers and lowers can place a no obligation pre-order with no deposit until the FRT is established. Once we have the FRT decision, either way, we will then mass email those who are interested to confirm the orders. Then a deposit will be taken.

Edit I was joking about selling them without an FRT, sorry for the confusion. Seriously, I never thought anyone would consider risking everything by having to have it now regardless of the ramifications.
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 02-14-2018 at 01:49 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    $975? Seems reactionary. BUT Market has moved.
    You can charge a premium for sub MOA set, but I am just saying market has moved.May 2X the price of good AR upper/lower set. But this may not go too far.

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    You can charge a premium for sub MOA set, but I am just saying market has moved.May 2X the price of good AR upper/lower set. But this may not go too far.
    This is different, the WK180-C is a piston rifle with only so much non proprietary parts, the SLR isn't worth the high tag to me since it restricts use of triggers with their silly design and it uses a bolt for takedown.... This design appears to be all around compatible and uses a pin for takedown.... this will sell for the premium. Would it sell more if it were cheaper? I'm sure it would but this will still sell.

The only concern I see for them at this price would be BCL's yet to be shown design and price point.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 09:13 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    I understand it’s apples and oranges. But this does seems like a reactionary. At the end of the day they are all going after the same wallet/spend. There are many who considered this but are now likely swayed by the other. It everyone was looking for. A sub MOA in this one but was considering it for its NR status.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I wouldn't say the market for this has moved too far if any. If you're reasoning for you're claim is because of the latest budget offering than if sorry to inform you that you are trying to compare apples to oranges. The two are in a totally different category and appeal to totally different markets.

I just pre-ordered the "other" guys new budget offering as well but that product has absolutely no relevancy to a NR ar15 part compatible quality stripped receiver set. Totally different products for totally different purposes.

I can build exactly what I want out of this. A quality build using all quality components.

The "other" rifle, well let's just say it's going to fill the role of "cheap POS beater utility gun" for many who are buying it. Myself included.

Apples to oranges my friend. ATRS will still sell plenty of these. The only thing I see this having an effect on is ATRS's current "proprietary" Modern Varmint rifle.

This is a teaser and yes it most likely is a heads up to show those who can't afford multiple rifles that this design is in the works so maybe hold onto your wallet. They aren't taking preorders this is just a glimpse into what is to come and yes it's business minded
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    NEA 102 out of spec garbage stripped receiver stets cost 799... ATRS at 975 is a bargain ...

I guess its time for me to get parts for another Ar build :-)