Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

I’ll buy one immediately if you decide to. They enjoy making you wait. Somewhere at some point all gun owners need to team up and make some noise and say no to this garbage

Seen these after the show on friday, they look amazing as expected.

Its interesting how much slimmer the design is with the standard AR style CH than the side charger. Rick also commented its equally more gassy as well like any AR which stands to reason. I dont really have much experience shooting AR's, so this thought had previously eluded me.

I suspect this will just be 1 more minor reason I prefer my ACR.

I'm also digging the take down pins on this set. That and a forward assists would be moneeeeyy.
The forward assist was a political decision during the AR15 development in Vietnam, Eugene Stoner didn't want it there as it can and will induce a catastrophic malfunction (aka; kaboom) if you force a round that doesn't want to go into the chamber. If it doesn't want to go, that means there's an obstruction. You don't want to force a round into a chamber/bore obstruction. It's supposed need was compounded by the other political decision to not chome line the chamber, and to use old, bad powder for the new cartridge, which compounded meant the chambers were rusting and pitting very heavily in Vietnam.

Stoner had already integrated a sufficient forward assist anyway, by designing a divot into the side of the bolt carrier, in the ejection port that you can press forward with your thumb.

Like many things that don't make sense, the design stuck in the drawings and in military doctrine and that's why it's still made today. But people know it's useless so that's why we've been seeing manufacturers produce upper receivers without a forward assist for a while.

The forward assist was a political decision during the AR15 development in Vietnam, Eugene Stoner didn't want it there as it can and will induce a catastrophic malfunction (aka; kaboom) if you force a round that doesn't want to go into the chamber. If it doesn't want to go, that means there's an obstruction. You don't want to force a round into a chamber/bore obstruction. It's supposed need was compounded by the other political decision to not chome line the chamber, and to use old, bad powder for the new cartridge, which compounded meant the chambers were rusting and pitting very heavily in Vietnam.

Stoner had already integrated a sufficient forward assist anyway, by designing a divot into the side of the bolt carrier, in the ejection port that you can press forward with your thumb.

Like many things that don't make sense, the design stuck in the drawings and in military doctrine and that's why it's still made today. But people know it's useless so that's why we've been seeing manufacturers produce upper receivers without a forward assist for a while.

Quoted for truth.

Press checks followed by smashing forward assist button was integrated into doctrine much later.

Back
Top Bottom