Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

On the list . Love Atrs products .

CGN Regular
    I would like to buy one of these upper and lowers when available. Is there a list one needs to be on etc?

BANNED
    I look forward to seeing some of these rifles in person! I was very impressed with my MH.

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Not if you had all the parts already. I’d love to see a version of the sporter without any furniture, Just the assembled upper and lower, I’m sure lots of us have amassed an collection of parts, or have ar’s we would gladly strip to complete the rifle. This would be excellent competition for the SLR. A norc 20” and a receiver set gets you a NR rifle for much less. I would much rather a MV to go with my MH, but I can build an SLR and a second upper easily for a lot less than a varmint and not have a pile of discarded parts to throw on the EE for beans. And I think the part that is missed is we want to build it. Building a range toy has no appeal to me, building a coyote or target rifle sounds like a good time to me. No offense to ATRS, I absolutely love my MH and don’t expect the SLR to be a better rifle than a varmint, and still plan to own one. But I wanna get my build on!
    I see a lot of people making this same argument, "SLR is cheap if you have the parts already". Well unless you had the parts gifted to you the parts you have at home already cost something and should be included in the price of the build.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorF View Post
    I see a lot of people making this same argument, "SLR is cheap if you have the parts already". Well unless you had the parts gifted to you the parts you have at home already cost something and should be included in the price of the build.
    This precisely. My friend has been saying the exact same thing more or less. He claims I could build my MV on the MDI reciever set for 1/2 of what ATRS charged me, so I penciled out a parts list from my MV added them up, added in the cost of the recievers, and low and behold it would only be about $500 cheaper on a stripped receiver set, in an unassembled, untested, state with no warranty.

So are either of these stripped reciever sets actually any cheaper? No. But they do give us greater options in how to build them out like cheap asses, and they do give us the option to do the work, testing, and pay a smith to fix it out of pocket.

The MV and MH are not overpriced for what they are, however they are just simply to far out of many peoples price range and beyond the specs which they require. Not to mention its incredibly easy to get sucked into maxing out your build sheet even if you have no need for any of the upgrades, so it quickly appears more cost prohibitive than it should.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    I ordered 4, I was impressed with my MH, it shot 1/2 MOA groups on my first trip to the range.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    This precisely. My friend has been saying the exact same thing more or less. He claims I could build my MV on the MDI reciever set for 1/2 of what ATRS charged me, so I penciled out a parts list from my MV added them up, added in the cost of the recievers, and low and behold it would only be about $500 cheaper on a stripped receiver set, in an unassembled, untested, state with no warranty.

So are either of these stripped reciever sets actually any cheaper? No. But they do give us greater options in how to build them out like cheap asses, and they do give us the option to do the work, testing, and pay a smith to fix it out of pocket.

The MV and MH are not overpriced for what they are, however they are just simply to far out of many peoples price range and beyond the specs which they require. Not to mention its incredibly easy to get sucked into maxing out your build sheet even if you have no need for any of the upgrades, so it quickly appears more cost prohibitive than it should.
    Thank you for doing the math honestly and posting it. The apples to apples comparison is beyond many.
    Semper Fi

CGN frequent flyer
    Im confused. If the modern varmiter is already Non restricted and selling is this a different receiver that will be sold then the modern varmiter?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edge9382 View Post
    That's definitely a screw for takedown. I'm going with the WK-180.
    There is NO screw for take down, so your statement would be WRONG!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there