Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Now here's the BIG question. Trigger compatibility?

This is where MacDef is severely lacking. I think it's a huge fail on their behalf that you can't use 1 piece drop in's. Drop in's are what the industry is evolving into (has evolved into) and there are now so many options from many manufacturers. As you know from the MH/MV experience people want (expect) options.
    Well assuming we get the legal status we hope for, options are endless. The prototype will accept ANY trigger group designed for an AR.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I think this is going to be a winner! I've had my eyes on your products for a long time. If you can come up with an upper/lower thats reasonably priced, I'd choose yours over others. Lastly, is it possible to not have the Canadian flag markings on it? Less is more nowadays.
    Not a fan of being a Canadian? The more we have to mess with things the more it will cost. The UN marking regulations as well as the Canadian have to be adherred to.
    The leaf on our rifles and products is our trademark.

We are expecting to be the same price range as out AT15 uppers and lowers at about $950.00 for a stripped upper and lower. BUT at this point we have not established an exact price point, nor whether to use 6061 or 7075 material as that also effect price. It seems everyone wants cheap cheap cheap, so we are wrestling with the material dilemma.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Raw materials cost is one of the lesser costs in the big picture of producing the finished product. It is definitely worth the few bucks more to go with 7075. I'll pick quality any day. It's not worth cutting corners to save a few pesos.
    Just my .02
    The raw materials cost is almost exactly double between the 2 materials. Small yes but going with 7 series is $60.00 more in base costs, hence our contemplation. The prototypes are 6061 just to keep R&D costs down as low as possible.
    I agree that cutting corners is not my idea of the best way to go, but from years of reading about how quality seems to always be second to cost on the forums, makes me wonder.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Rick, I know I have been a thorn in your side (probably more than I should have been) previously about the trigger options on the Modern series, and I apologize for that.

But with this anouncement, you better believe I will be looking to purchase a couple MV-S reciever sets which would certainly be preferable over the MDI SLR's odd means of mating upper to lower amoung other things.

I am hopefull you will also consider doing a MH-S model as well.

I had heard this spring from a little birdy that this project was in the shop talk phase, but that you were not very receptive to moving forward on it at the time. I am certianly glad that thats not the case anymore, and look forward to adding a few more finely crafted ATRS rifles to the safe, soon they shall out number the IWI rifles.

Any chance we can see a teaser for the new MV-S?
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Will I be able to buy a stripped 6.5 upper?
    The caliber is determined by the upper, so it will be a stripped upper or stripped upper/lower set or if you wish a complete rifle.
    This generation is NOT compatible with the Modern Varmint we currently produce.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Raw materials cost is one of the lesser costs in the big picture of producing the finished product. It is definitely worth the few bucks more to go with 7075. I'll pick quality any day. It's not worth cutting corners to save a few pesos.
    Just my .02
    This. Unless your material choice will save the consumer 25%+ on just the reciever set, its not worth the consideration in my opinion.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Glad to see ATRS broadening the product line, especially that now it's clear that rifles built on NR AR-compatible upper/lower sets that aren't NEA will all cost $2500+. I also said would rather see MH calibers in an "economy" version.
    Semper Fi