Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Don't care about a forward assist myself, but lefty does need an effective way to keep brass off the right side of his head.

This has my attention. The other product isn't due for months, so I'm not about to lock in a pre-order for anything until the day I'm ready to build. Looking forward to seeing what options are there on that day. Trigger pack compatibility is a nice plus too, as I've come to like such.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

^This!^

Don't care about the forward assist, but as a lefty, I'm big on the shell deflector, and keeping my original teeth enamel!

Looking forward to this new Product!! Thank you very much ATRS!

I personally still want a forward assist. Maybe offer the option of two different uppers? I would definitely be willing to pay extra for it.

Dont cheap out and use 6061. 7075 is the way to go. But I see why you might choose 6061. As the majority of cdn firearms owners want cheap.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Well as a matter of fact we have been working on a project we are calling MV "sporter", which we are in the midst of alpha testing. Essentially a Modern Varmint shaped upper and lower but with conventional AR parts being used in an effort to cut down on how many proprietary parts we have to make and to offer the consumer more latitude in the parts employed as well as an option for the DIY crowd.

Standard AR charge handle, trigger, mags, and most furniture can be used. Being as these share all AR parts compatibility and the only proprietary parts will be the upper and lower, our insurance carrier can not play the "proprietary firearm design adds further liability" card.

Having learned alot from the MH/MV process we are taking a little more time than may be necessary to test these, but will be producing a production run of them in the next month or so, at which time a "final production" rifle will be submitted to the SFSS/RCMP for FRT determination. Hopefully as these are based of an existing design that has a NR status it will be a short exam just to confirm what they already know. It is a variant of the Modern Varmint rifle, which already has NR status.
    You guys just made my day, week, month, year!!
    I love both my MH and MV but would dearly love to gut some of my ARs in order to have more useful rifles that I can take anywhere. I hope for everyones sake you guys manage to pull off yet another huge win for the Canadian gun owners!! Your initial efforts were full of BS and crap from some of the haters, but with your drive you overcame all of the obstacles and the fact that you don't just sit on your laurels impresses me greatly.
    All I can say is THANKYOU!! for continueing to work for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    You guys just made my day, week, month, year!!
    I love both my MH and MV but would dearly love to gut some of my ARs in order to have more useful rifles that I can take anywhere. I hope for everyones sake you guys manage to pull off yet another huge win for the Canadian gun owners!! Your initial efforts were full of BS and crap from some of the haters, but with your drive you overcame all of the obstacles and the fact that you don't just sit on your laurels impresses me greatly.
    All I can say is THANKYOU!! for continueing to work for us all.
    Sheesh... This will make a great addition to my MV 'original'. Thanks for letting us know what awesomeness is afoot, ATRS.
    CSSA Lifetime member
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The plan is matched upper and lower sets as well as individual uppers for those who want additional uppers for different calibers. Both will not mate up with anything AR as the geometry of both the upper and lower is proprietary but both will accept all AR components.
    Any way you can put the serial on the upper instead of the lower like an AR?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Any way you can put the serial on the upper instead of the lower like an AR?
    Out of curiosity why?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

BANNED
    Finally ill be able to build my own NR of an ATRS receiver set.

Talk about good news
    Last edited by DILLIGAF; 11-21-2017 at 02:32 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Out of curiosity why?
    So I can have both restricted and non restricted uppers for the same lower. If the lower carries the serial then a status change is required with each change
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

This is an interesting development and good choice. My preference would be 7075, integral brass deflector isn't needed, nor is a forward assist.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis