Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Im not disagreeing, but I feel its important for people to understand that what you said is not law, but rather an unwritten rule that legally should not be enforceable. Yet if you challange it, the process is the punishment. And for what, taking your NR rifle into the woods and shooting it before the CFP get off their hands and file it under the correct category (a process that at most should take a couple minutes and a couple dozen key strokes to properly file the change)?
    Agreed but I don't think many people understand the 30 day rule which is what I was trying to get across.
    If your rifle is registered restricted it doesn't matter if it fits in all the categories that make it non restricted, when an officer enters your model and serial number and it pops up restricted you're going to jail. If it were true that it only legally matters what category it actually fits in we would be able to throw an 18.6" barrel on a $600 AR and go out in the bush. It would fit all the NR holes as you say yet it's still restricted because they said so and no other reason.
    Realistically it should be as simple as a lawyer well versed in firearms laws going in front of a judge and in 15 minutes explaining the situation to have the AR and many others removed from the restricted or prohib by name lists. Unfortunately our legal system is a disaster and our government is full of fools, it would take years of court appearances to get that done.

Anyway, let's get this back on track.
    Rick,
    Do you have a projected date you will be ready to submit a sample to the lab? I'm hoping that as you said earlier it's a simple matter of a child entry as a variant of the MV and won't take them a couple years to get it through.

I think that the only negative that will come from this is the value of restricted AR receivers will knock a hole in the floor as their demand spirals downward. Great for guys who shoot at the range and want to build but bad for guys swapping over parts from their AR and end up with a receiver set left over.
    Last edited by cr5; 11-27-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Agreed but I don't think many people understand the 30 day rule which is what I was trying to get across.
    If your rifle is registered restricted it doesn't matter if it fits in all the categories that make it non restricted, when an officer enters your model and serial number and it pops up restricted you're going to jail. If it were true that it only legally matters what category it actually fits in we would be able to throw an 18.6" barrel on a $600 AR and go out in the bush. It would fit all the NR holes as you say yet it's still restricted because they said so and no other reason.
    Realistically it should be as simple as a lawyer well versed in firearms laws going in front of a judge and in 15 minutes explaining the situation to have the AR and many others removed from the restricted or prohib by name lists. Unfortunately our legal system is a disaster and our government is full of fools, it would take years of court appearances to get that done.

Anyway, let's get this back on track.
    Rick,
    Do you have a projected date you will be ready to submit a sample to the lab? I'm hoping that as you said earlier it's a simple matter of a child entry as a variant of the MV and won't take them a couple years to get it through.

I think that the only negative that will come from this is the value of restricted AR receivers will knock a hole in the floor as their demand spirals downward. Great for guys who shoot at the range and want to build but bad for guys swapping over parts from their AR and end up with a receiver set left over.
    No firm date, we want to make SURE that it works up to our standard and that we have all the bases covered so to speak.
    I too am hoping it will be s short inspection time, but we are totally at the mercy of the SFSS/RCMP

Whether or not our guns make any dent in the AR market is hard to say. Many guys could care less as they are only shooting at ranges anyway. Only time will tell.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The caveats are listed here by our illustrious friend Cr5

No forward assist
    Any AR trigger
    Any AR barrel
    Any AR BCG
    Any AR charging handle
    Bolt on brass deflector
    Under $1000
    To which I will add any AR hand guard.

Home run.
    A tiger in Africa?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer riptide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Whether or not our guns make any dent in the AR market is hard to say. Many guys could care less as they are only shooting at ranges anyway. Only time will tell.
    Fairly certain it will. I mean I can't be the only one that mostly shoots at a range, but would still rather not deal with the complications that come with owning restricted firearms. Don't get me wrong - I have a bunch of them. But I would rather go NR if possible. I took my Tavor down south this summer, and before crossing into the US, dropped it off at a buddies place. No paperwork, no hassle, no problems. Just met up and picked it up when I came back (and did a range trip with my buddy). And when you have as much crown land on your doorstep as I do, having the option to toss it in the jeep and head out for a drive, is a very nice benefit. And this is coming from someone who doesn't hunt and has no intentions of doing so in the near future.

I'll still have an AR or two just due to the ability to have shorter barrels on them... but between you and MD, I'll have at least 2 of the NR versions as well.

CGN frequent flyer
    I would try running a NR ATRS gun in PRS matches.

Restricted guns are too much of a hassle some days.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    I would try running a NR ATRS gun in PRS matches.
    What and give the little lady that IS already running a MV at your PRS matches some competition?

Frankly I am surprised yet very happy how well that little 6.5 Grendel has done for her.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN frequent flyer
    What and give the little lady that IS already running a MV at your PRS matches some competition?

Frankly I am surprised yet very happy how well that little 6.5 Grendel has done for her.
    That is right!

The MV hums along nicely, trying a gas gun could be fun.

Regardless, symbolism is there and it's meaningful. I'm glad you're working on this, NR status. I'm sure PTB would love to keep uz on a range, with no land access or hunting. It's coming in time, its in agenda 2030 and is supported by the Liberal government, they've said so. This helps give us hope and fight back, because it gives us the option to, within our existing laws!

Modern sporting rifles, on crown land, on private land and good hunting options!

Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

I have put an AR on the back burner due to restricted status, I want a bush gun. Receiver set would 100 convince me to jump on it next
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

Hey ATRS , anything new on this project ?
    "Victory favours the prepared"