Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536

Thread: Modern Varmint style uppers and lowers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Sorry to hear of the delays from the powers that be...

I am looking to order a few of these once they're available.

Sure hope our overlords approve them as NR and soon.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    This looks more appealing to me than the Maccabee I have on preorder.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    EMT ready here too

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Seen these after the show on friday, they look amazing as expected.

Its interesting how much slimmer the design is with the standard AR style CH than the side charger. Rick also commented its equally more gassy as well like any AR which stands to reason. I dont really have much experience shooting AR's, so this thought had previously eluded me.

I suspect this will just be 1 more minor reason I prefer my ACR.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    I'm also digging the take down pins on this set. That and a forward assists would be moneeeeyy.
    The forward assist was a political decision during the AR15 development in Vietnam, Eugene Stoner didn't want it there as it can and will induce a catastrophic malfunction (aka; kaboom) if you force a round that doesn't want to go into the chamber. If it doesn't want to go, that means there's an obstruction. You don't want to force a round into a chamber/bore obstruction. It's supposed need was compounded by the other political decision to not chome line the chamber, and to use old, bad powder for the new cartridge, which compounded meant the chambers were rusting and pitting very heavily in Vietnam.

Stoner had already integrated a sufficient forward assist anyway, by designing a divot into the side of the bolt carrier, in the ejection port that you can press forward with your thumb.

Like many things that don't make sense, the design stuck in the drawings and in military doctrine and that's why it's still made today. But people know it's useless so that's why we've been seeing manufacturers produce upper receivers without a forward assist for a while.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    The forward assist was a political decision during the AR15 development in Vietnam, Eugene Stoner didn't want it there as it can and will induce a catastrophic malfunction (aka; kaboom) if you force a round that doesn't want to go into the chamber. If it doesn't want to go, that means there's an obstruction. You don't want to force a round into a chamber/bore obstruction. It's supposed need was compounded by the other political decision to not chome line the chamber, and to use old, bad powder for the new cartridge, which compounded meant the chambers were rusting and pitting very heavily in Vietnam.

Stoner had already integrated a sufficient forward assist anyway, by designing a divot into the side of the bolt carrier, in the ejection port that you can press forward with your thumb.

Like many things that don't make sense, the design stuck in the drawings and in military doctrine and that's why it's still made today. But people know it's useless so that's why we've been seeing manufacturers produce upper receivers without a forward assist for a while.
    Quoted for truth.

Press checks followed by smashing forward assist button was integrated into doctrine much later.
    A tiger in Africa?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I personally dont care about a FA for any reason other than clone correctness and keeping training similar between my bush rifle and my range rifle.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Rick, when/ if you get the NR status, could someone send you all the required parts and have ATRS assemble the rifle?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Rick, when/ if you get the NR status, could someone send you all the required parts and have ATRS assemble the rifle?
    Certainly
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by yohann160 View Post
    quoted for truth.

Press checks followed by smashing forward assist button was integrated into doctrine much later.
    /123
    x3