Page 31 of 108 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    Very nice. Because it slides together it may even be a stronger setup than the eh R
    I highly doubt it.

Has any sort of durability testing been conducted on these? Threw around in a field? On pavement? Dropped from a height? What type of aluminium are these made from?
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    I highly doubt it.

Has any sort of durability testing been conducted on these? Threw around in a field? On pavement? Dropped from a height? What type of aluminium are these made from?
    You doubt it? Why? In what way are a couple of loose pins stronger than mating dovetails and a bolt? This may be less convenient, but definitely stronger. It may also me a moot point, but stronger nonetheless.

Lol you're more than welcome to test yours out that way if you buy one

They're 7075 T6.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    No kidding, the delay made me impatient so I went from 700 to complete the receivers to well over 1000. Should be awesome though!Attachment 164718
    You’ll probably need a cantilever scope mount. Regular scope rings rarely work on these type of rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    You doubt it? Why? In what way are a couple of loose pins stronger than mating dovetails and a bolt? This may be less convenient, but definitely stronger. It may also me a moot point, but stronger nonetheless.

Lol you're more than welcome to test yours out that way if you buy one

They're 7075 T6.
    The strenght will all depend on the design and structural mass of the dovetails in relation to the upper/lower interface, which we don't know yet.

At least they're 7075-T6. I like that.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    estimated 10-20 a week starting mid to late April

that'll probably change though
    Nice!
    Hope you have 6.5 grendel barrel/BGC combos by then. (brakes too)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    The strenght will all depend on the design and structural mass of the dovetails in relation to the upper/lower interface, which we don't know yet.

At least they're 7075-T6. I like that.
    Fair. If they're paper thin they won't be stronger. But in theory, if they were engineered properly, they should be.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    You’ll probably need a cantilever scope mount. Regular scope rings rarely work on these type of rifles.
    You bet, came straight off my Modern Hunter, but we will see how it works. I have other options,

CGN Regular
    Any forcasted date for 2nd run? Any potential of other color options such a burnt bronze / desert colour?

Quick stupid question so if one gets the complete receiver I can take all the parts off my lmt and I will have a working rifle no other parts required?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Quick stupid question so if one gets the complete receiver I can take all the parts off my lmt and I will have a working rifle no other parts required?
    Yes.