Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Pte.BiC View Post
    Am I missing something? 5 rounders are g2g
    Last I checked RCMP deemed them "multi-use" magazines or some such thing, and must now be pinned to hold two rounds of .50 Beowulf, or five rounds of .223.

I wish it had some kind of forward assist. I wonder if its to meet the nr status or something they plan to add later on.
    I got Guns in my Head and they won't GO

Quote Originally Posted by Cross94 View Post
    Last I checked RCMP deemed them "multi-use" magazines or some such thing, and must now be pinned to hold two rounds of .50 Beowulf, or five rounds of .223.

5. Magazines for semiautomatic handguns which contain more than ten (10) rounds of a different calibre

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun, are limited to 10 cartridges. The capacity is measured by the kind of cartridge the magazine was designed to contain. In some cases the magazine will be capable of containing more than 10 rounds of a different caliber; however that is not relevant in the determination of the maximum permitted capacity.

Example:
    Heckler and Koch P7 pistol chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:
    The magazine designed for the 40 S&W calibre variant of the pistol will hold 13 cartridges of 9mm Luger calibre and function in the 9mm Luger calibre P7 pistol. This is permissible as the maximum permitted capacity of the 40 S&W calibre magazine must be measured by the number of 40 S&W calibre cartridges it is capable of holding, which is 10 such cartridges in the case of the HK P7 pistol magazine.

For more information, please contact the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program by one of the following methods:
    telephone: 1 800-731-4000
    web site: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm
    e-mail: cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
    'The armed citizen is the correct answer to the armed sociopath.'

Either way, I still want a .50 beowolf nr rifle.
    'The armed citizen is the correct answer to the armed sociopath.'

Quote Originally Posted by Cross94 View Post
    Only for import. It was an internal "request" the RCMP sent the CBSA as far as I can tell. They asked CBSA to seize any marked beowulf mags pinned to more than 2 rounds of beowulf.

The law hasn't changed, and there was no update or special order regarding how different calibers can be used in different magazines. So if you have 5 round pinned beowulf mags, they're still legal to own and use.

TNA,what kind of options can you offer in a reasonably priced .223 wylde,18.5” barrel?
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Speaking from experience, Faxon makes fantastic barrels for the money: http://faxonfirearms.com/20-govt-soc...ngth-4150-qpq/

They're also an OEM for other vendors, so they do variations, etc. Perhaps TNA could bring in a batch cut to 18.6" with matching bolts (only +$50 and already headspaced)? If they can't I'll probably order one in and have it cut back...

$999?!??!??!?

You had my attention till I seen the price.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Any chance of bringing in something like the pantheon arms dolos set up? With AR uppers so cheap I didn't see much value in them, but for caliber changes it might make sense on one of these. A .223 for coyotes and a 300blk barrel for for what my 30-30 does now would be sweet.

CGN Regular
    order in awesome. now 18.6 bbl in wylde chamber