Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

got mine from another dealer that offered it earlier .... but you will see my money for parts! Love the service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pte.BiC View Post
    5. Magazines for semiautomatic handguns which contain more than ten (10) rounds of a different calibre

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun, are limited to 10 cartridges. The capacity is measured by the kind of cartridge the magazine was designed to contain. In some cases the magazine will be capable of containing more than 10 rounds of a different caliber; however that is not relevant in the determination of the maximum permitted capacity.

Example:
    Heckler and Koch P7 pistol chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:
    The magazine designed for the 40 S&W calibre variant of the pistol will hold 13 cartridges of 9mm Luger calibre and function in the 9mm Luger calibre P7 pistol. This is permissible as the maximum permitted capacity of the 40 S&W calibre magazine must be measured by the number of 40 S&W calibre cartridges it is capable of holding, which is 10 such cartridges in the case of the HK P7 pistol magazine.

For more information, please contact the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program by one of the following methods:
    telephone: 1 800-731-4000
    web site: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm
    e-mail: cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
    The RCMP has deemed all 50 BEO mags to be modifed 223 mags. According to them, there is no such thing as a proprietary 50 beo mag. Thus, all 50 beo mags must be limited to 5 rounds of the cartridge for which they were designed, 223.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Did I miss our liberal government giving firearm related law making back to the RCMP... Oh wait they didn't. There has been no official changes to any magazines 10/22 or beo.. Only rcmp speculation and fear mongering. No official laws have been changed by the government. Rcmp doesn't make laws.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    How do we find out what will fit in this? I was interested in taking my s&w ar15 and drop everything from it on this and get a 18.5 inch barrel. Will this work? Will i need to buy a bunch of other stuff?
    That should work

Quote Originally Posted by dm9 View Post
    Are you stating at the time of pre-order you want all the remaining parts ordered in one order, or one order after delivery of SLR?
    Good question, no you don't have to do it all at once. I have clarified the details in post #1

Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    I cant find on your site just uppers. Do you have them for preorder?
    Just added spare Maccabee SLR Stripped Upper Receivers

Quote Originally Posted by Pte.BiC View Post
    How's about some .50 beowolf barrels?
    Email us your desired length and other specs and we'll see what we can find for you

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    TNA,what kind of options can you offer in a reasonably priced .223 wylde,18.5” barrel?
    Looking into this. Over the coming days/weeks we'll publish some barrel/bolt/accessory options that are likely to be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjm1971 View Post
    Any chance of bringing in something like the pantheon arms dolos set up? With AR uppers so cheap I didn't see much value in them, but for caliber changes it might make sense on one of these. A .223 for coyotes and a 300blk barrel for for what my 30-30 does now would be sweet.
    Looking into this
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer riptide's Avatar
    Order placed!! I've been looking for something to replace my T-97 that I had done up and do not use due to having a Tavor... this looks like it will be absolutely perfect!! No clue how one puts together an AR (the few I own have been mostly complete), but this is too good of an opportunity to pass on, so I guess now I'll learn. Might even have to get a 2nd one down the line, as this could easily replace one of my ARs.

That would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    That should work

Good question, no you don't have to do it all at once. I have clarified the details in post #1

Just added spare Maccabee SLR Stripped Upper Receivers

Email us your desired length and other specs and we'll see what we can find for you

Looking into this. Over the coming days/weeks we'll publish some barrel/bolt/accessory options that are likely to be popular.

Looking into this
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer riptide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    $999?!??!??!?

You had my attention till I seen the price.
    Certainly not cheap... but you're basically paying for an unrestricted AR when it's all said and done. How much value does that have for you? Because for me, while we have an amazing range up here, we also have a TON of crown land and it would be amazing - and well worth paying twice the price (or slightly more) for the equivalent of what will end up being an AR, while not to have to deal with the restrictions that come with owning an AR. Nothing against ARs (I have a pair and love them), but having basically that gun, that can go the same places as my tavor? Yeah that's a win - especially as there's already huge aftermarket options available for ARs. It's basically the Modern Varmint by ATR. Except that I can get my foot in the door for 1k and build it as I see fit - including using some of my left over AR parts, vs having to fork out 3k up front.

i put in the pre order, when can we usually expect the discount code?

Hi Riptide,

Not sure if you are aware quality receivers down south are going for mid $200u.s and Noveske for mid $300u.s.
    If you are willing to pay 1k for canadian non-restricted version, go for it, but i think you are getting robbed.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by riptide View Post
    Certainly not cheap... but you're basically paying for an unrestricted AR when it's all said and done. How much value does that have for you? Because for me, while we have an amazing range up here, we also have a TON of crown land and it would be amazing - and well worth paying twice the price (or slightly more) for the equivalent of what will end up being an AR, while not to have to deal with the restrictions that come with owning an AR. Nothing against ARs (I have a pair and love them), but having basically that gun, that can go the same places as my tavor? Yeah that's a win - especially as there's already huge aftermarket options available for ARs. It's basically the Modern Varmint by ATR. Except that I can get my foot in the door for 1k and build it as I see fit - including using some of my left over AR parts, vs having to fork out 3k up front.
    Last edited by GreenBob; 11-19-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide View Post
    Pretty much this if it had been 2 years ago or at least 6 months ago I would have either built my precision AR or swapped the AR specific parts to my SBR I just built