Page 53 of 108 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495051525354555657585960616373 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by atomicfumes View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I was under the impression that you couldn't cerakote over cerakote... where does this leave those of us who had planned to cerakote a different colour than black?
    Cerakote over the blemished anodizing whatever color you want

Mine had a spot in the magwell and a tiny spot by the safety selector. no big deal, I did more blemishing putting the roll pin in the bolt catch. My $1300 brownings come with small finishing flaws occasionally too. I dont get worked up about it since its going to get marked up behind the seat of the pickup anyways.

But Im sure sure the next batch of anodizing will be corrected.
    Last edited by Rotorwash; 08-02-2018 at 08:49 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Pretty disappointing. I also would take a blemished set for a discount over this cerakoted bs.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    F that!! That's NOT what they sold everyone. They should get told to find a competent annodizer and deliver the product as advertised or SHOVE IT UP THEIR ASS
    You're right. They should deliver what they advertised.

Feel bad for TNA, for having an angry mob to deal with. Lol

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    The only way I will accept cerakote instead of anodizing is for a good discount. This is already a poop show from a timing perspective. Looking at estimating timing I want see mine till October unless they greatly step up their output
    Real men use peep sights

Quote Originally Posted by Gubermonkey View Post
    You're right. They should deliver what they advertised.

Feel bad for TNA, for having an angry mob to deal with. Lol
    I don't blame TNA at all and the reasonable ones amongst us here know this. They're just a middle-man who got a shty product from a shty company - TNA can't control the manufacturing or shipping process.
    I just emailed them expressing my concerns and willingness to buy a blem set at a steep discount, and to ask them to forward my concerns to Maccabee.
    I think that's the best we can all do at this point. If I don't get a perfect receiver set (anodized, not this cerakote bulsht) nor do I get the option to buy a blem set at a discount, I'm getting a Modern Sporter.
    You can only phuck with your potential customers so much and leaving the retailers in the dark is even dumber given the stories I heard about Maccabee being misleading and telling different people different stories before people just say enough is enough.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

BANNED
    MDI took a page out of BCLs book I see.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    shooter and ptemin, those are ideas worthy of consideration. we'll see how this shakes out.

New development. I'm told that instead of anodizing, the receivers will be cerakoted in Graphite Black H Series, by a state of the art cerakote facility (Red Deer Shooting Centre), and that this will make for better QC and faster output.
    ... I'm not AT ALL interested in cerakote. Like, zero percent. I didn't order a cerakoted receiver. I'm well aware of the advantages of anodizing over cerakote, and that factored into my decision to order the MDI set.

#### that.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    I don't blame TNA at all and the reasonable ones amongst us here know this. They're just a middle-man who got a shty product from a shty company - TNA can't control the manufacturing or shipping process.
    I just emailed them expressing my concerns and willingness to buy a blem set at a steep discount, and to ask them to forward my concerns to Maccabee.
    I think that's the best we can all do at this point. If I don't get a perfect receiver set (anodized, not this cerakote bulsht) nor do I get the option to buy a blem set at a discount, I'm getting a Modern Sporter.
    You can only phuck with your potential customers so much and leaving the retailers in the dark is even dumber given the stories I heard about Maccabee being misleading and telling different people different stories before people just say enough is enough.
    I agree 100%. TNA really have been the heroes here. They've always had great customer service. I've always enjoyed buying from them. It's just a crappy situation

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubermonkey View Post
    I agree 100%. TNA really have been the heroes here. They've always had great customer service. I've always enjoyed buying from them. It's just a crappy situation
    I agree 100 percent. They have to bear the brunt of the masses when Macdef is silent. I have had nothing but good dealings with TNA.
    Real men use peep sights

CGN frequent flyer
    Stag 10 upper and lower is less then 600 bucks with a lower parts kit installed. Made from 7073 type 3 milspec anodizing. I get they are USA and higher volume but come on.

When I preordered it was going to be spring delivery of anodized receivers. I would have bought one then. Then delays, no info, castle huts, horses in the barn they are making them. More delays now a crappy coating. In the mean time the wk180, stag 10, fx9 even with the price increase. Lots more and better options.

This is could have been huge but they blew it. They utterly blew it. I'm buying a stag 10 and taking the 500 dollars I saved in receivers and buying 308 ammo.

TNA has been great but I'm done with MD.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal