Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 364648495051525354555657585960616263646676 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Demand a refund! Conditions of the sale changed, so it's pretty hard for them to argue it.
    I can tell you that the fit, and definitely the finish are much better from atrs!
    I have to say I find that extremely hard to believe when they cannot get anodising right and ATRS is well know for a very high quality product. That said if you got one that looks perfect you have the holy grail becasue there is probably only one.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post

I really feel for TNA here. I think all the dealers should drop them and refuse to sell until they have a tested working product they can reliably ship. MacDef is making all the dealers look bad. Maybe that would fix them but I doubt it.
    My understanding is that all of the retailers were actually forced to pay for their own stock up front so they're as invested in selling as many units as they can just like MDI, financial-wise. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I would love for everyone to drop them like a hot potato unless they get their #### together but given the above situation I don't think this can happen.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    My understanding is that all of the retailers were actually forced to pay for their own stock up front so they're as invested in selling as many units as they can just like MDI, financial-wise. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I would love for everyone to drop them like a hot potato unless they get their #### together but given the above situation I don't think this can happen.
    So we should all bend over and buy this hot garbage because MacDef swindled there dealers? What is wrong with people. You going to take the fall for some shady deal? If you buy a car and then ford said oh sorry we are actually going to paint it a different colour and not bother with plating on parts after waiting 8 months. Do you think you would still buy it to help the ford dealer out because they had to buy it also? Id be calling a lawyer.

Canada is so full of pushovers. We all say sorry all the time and never hold anyone accountable. They promised a NR AR upper and lower with proper anodising for 1000 dollars. THey are not delivering that. Everyone should demand a discount and pull ordrs then they would cave and do it right. But loads of people will line up and still pay 1000 becasue we need to support the little guys. Ill support the little guys when the little guys do what they say.

I agree TNA 1000%will take a hit but that is called business. You dont win every deal you ever do. If they were willing to risk an unknown company making gun parts in a barn with full payment up front that is not my problem. That sounds like a bad decision. I will continue to support TNA buy buying quality items.

how much does anodizing cost to the end user?
    give that value as a discount and ship me a bare set.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    how much does anodizing cost to the end user?
    give that value as a discount and ship me a bare set.
    In my area I can get anodising done for $80 minimum on small parts same price for 1 or 10. That said I can anodises 50 parts that size of this for around $200 so $150 for hard anodise which looks grey. The issue I see is that unplated the part is still a firearm. I would assume I this county its illegal to take a reciver somewhere for plating. What happens if an employee walks off with it.

In the GTA area prices are better. Lots of anodising nearby. When I need stuff done personally I leave it with my main anodiser and he runs it with something else whenever they do a run to avoid minimums.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    So we should all bend over and buy this hot garbage because MacDef swindled there dealers? What is wrong with people. You going to take the fall for some shady deal? If you buy a car and then ford said oh sorry we are actually going to paint it a different colour and not bother with plating on parts after waiting 8 months. Do you think you would still buy it to help the ford dealer out because they had to buy it also? Id be calling a lawyer.

Canada is so full of pushovers. We all say sorry all the time and never hold anyone accountable. They promised a NR AR upper and lower with proper anodising for 1000 dollars. THey are not delivering that. Everyone should demand a discount and pull ordrs then they would cave and do it right. But loads of people will line up and still pay 1000 becasue we need to support the little guys. Ill support the little guys when the little guys do what they say.

I agree TNA 1000%will take a hit but that is called business. You dont win every deal you ever do. If they were willing to risk an unknown company making gun parts in a barn with full payment up front that is not my problem. That sounds like a bad decision. I will continue to support TNA buy buying quality items.
    Dude, relax, I'm not saying we should bend over. I'm just explaining how ####ty I feel for TNA given MDI's dealings with its retailers. I don't like any of this as much as you do.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Hi Zac

Given the change in cerakote does this speed things up or are we still looking at receiving something like 10 sets a week?
    Real men use peep sights

Cerokoting sounds like BCL to me... turn off....Anodizing gives it surface hardness.
    Last edited by luciferco; 08-03-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    Member of NFA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Glad I waited! Still want a set but will wait until stuff is ironed out. I don't jump at presales so fast anymore after my T81 and SPBA experiences. That being said I would buy a blem at a slight discount if/when they become available.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Gnomes View Post
    Hi Zac

Given the change in cerakote does this speed things up or are we still looking at receiving something like 10 sets a week?
    Yes I'm told the cerakote throughput will be much quicker. How much quicker remains to be seen
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms