Page 57 of 108 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535455565758596061626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

CGN Regular
    Explain how a multi day process is faster than a 3 hour process?
    Yes, they will look better, but unless macdef is cutting some corners, it's going to be slower!

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Explain how a multi day process is faster than a 3 hour process?
    Yes, they will look better, but unless macdef is cutting some corners, it's going to be slower!
    It will be faster because MacDef isn't doing it. It wont just be one guy sandblasting them while the CNC is running an operation and then piling them into a pickup truck to take to some anodizing shop.

Ok so here's a question for the more knowledgeable guys here, is it at all possible to anodize AFTER cerakote has been applied? I'm guessing you would have to remove the coating, but I guess what I'm really asking is if it's feasible without screwing things up?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubermonkey View Post
    Ok so here's a question for the more knowledgeable guys here, is it at all possible to anodize AFTER cerakote has been applied? I'm guessing you would have to remove the coating, but I guess what I'm really asking is if it's feasible without screwing things up?
    No you cannot anodize over cerakote .

Anodizing is applied directly to virgin aluminum.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    The cerakote can be stripped and then the receivers can be annodized.

This of course takes time and money

I'd just start sending out bare aluminum receivers at a reduced cost for whatever anodizing/cerakoting will cost. be quicker and let people choose what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyclone View Post
    I'd just start sending out bare aluminum receivers at a reduced cost for whatever anodizing/cerakoting will cost. be quicker and let people choose what they want.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by kennyclone View Post
    I asked MDI If they could send out raw receivers, they replied:

“We want to control the quality as much as possible”

In other words, no!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemar View Post
    I asked MDI If they could send out raw receivers, they replied:

“We want to control the quality as much as possible”

In other words, no!
    They're not controlling it, they're reacting to it. Didn't they post on Instagram how pleased they were with the anodizing? What the hell happened?

I've tried to remain optimistic about this, Hoping that everything will get sorted out. The more I look back and dig into this, the more frustrated I get.

Maybe I should buy a milling machine and go into business. Lol. How many hundred of recievers were sold at 1k each?

My guess is they are feeling the pressure of people wanting their product and the dealers wanting their money back. Not sure how much money the dealers put up for them but I'm sure they're not thrilled at having it tied up for so long. They probably just want to try to get as many receivers out as fast as possible and cerkote is probably quicker.