CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41515354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 625

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

  1. #601
    Member edge9382's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by 1340 View Post
    Does anyone know who ATRS uses?
    Knowing that would make a bare set more attractive.
    From what I understand, they use Anderson Anodizing in Edmonton.

  2. #602
    CGN Regular Dr. Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    863
    Oh wow they're very close to me. Might try to get a raw set then or something lol.

  3. #603
    Member edge9382's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Oh wow they're very close to me. Might try to get a raw set then or something lol.
    Definitely talk to them first and see if they'll do it, and what the cost would be. Getting a single receiver done could potentially be expensive.

  4. #604
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    17
    I would be all in for a bare receiver set.

  5. #605
    I have no life BattleRife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    of No Fixed Address
    Posts
    2,434
    It seems strange that there is such mystery around who is doing anodizing work, and for whom. Spectral Finishing in Surrey shows Dlask Arms, along with a picture of a carbine, right on their major clients web page, I would have thought that would be the norm.
    --BattleRife

    _____________________________________________
    Anybody who says "There is no such thing as a stupid question"
    has not spent much time on the internet.

  6. #606
    CGN Regular luciferco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West of the coastal mountains
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    Option C: accept delivery of bare receivers to be finished by the customer to their own specs?

    (Edit: with the proportionate discount of course!)
    This would be my choice. But the discount have to be proportional. Minus $150 - 200 at lease?
    Member of NFA

  7. #607
    Big Mouth frabill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,267
    So going rate on the EE is $1500obo for these sets eh lol

  8. #608
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    So going rate on the EE is $1500obo for these sets eh lol
    I just bought one last night at this price. I probably see it from another angle than you. I chose not to buy into the presale and wait for soneone to sell it when they come out, knowing that I would pay a #premium#.

    I didn’t suffer from any anguish waiting more than a year for my receiver like most of you and I will get mine before the end of next week, so probably before 99% of all thise who chose the pre-sale And at 1500$, I’m still looking at a final price of about 2500$ for an almost real ar-15, which is better than any other NR option at the moment if you consider that wannabe AR’s like the Rob Arms, B&T, X95, ACR, etc cost the same or more and don’t have even 1% of the customisation possibilities of the AR.

    Taking all of that into cosideration, the 500$ premium is a small price to pay to skip ahead of the line and preserve my mental health lol

  9. #609
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Northumberland County
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by m_falafel View Post
    I just bought one last night at this price. I probably see it from another angle than you. I chose not to buy into the presale and wait for soneone to sell it when they come out, knowing that I would pay a #premium#.

    I didn’t suffer from any anguish waiting more than a year for my receiver like most of you and I will get mine before the end of next week, so probably before 99% of all thise who chose the pre-sale And at 1500$, I’m still looking at a final price of about 2500$ for an almost real ar-15, which is better than any other NR option at the moment if you consider that wannabe AR’s like the Rob Arms, B&T, X95, ACR, etc cost the same or more and don’t have even 1% of the customisation possibilities of the AR.

    Taking all of that into cosideration, the 500$ premium is a small price to pay to skip ahead of the line and preserve my mental health lol
    Still waited more than a year and paid +50% premium to get the first blemished receivers off the line. Not sure about your mental health lol

  10. #610
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7,002
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    It seems strange that there is such mystery around who is doing anodizing work, and for whom. Spectral Finishing in Surrey shows Dlask Arms, along with a picture of a carbine, right on their major clients web page, I would have thought that would be the norm.
    Joseph Dlask referred me to Spectral a few years back and thier work and service is top shelf. They have a minimum 50 pc run size last time I used them so guys wanting to get one receiver done are out of luck there but pretty sure they can handle larger production.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •