Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Wilson Combat receiver set (nice but not top of the line) is USD$300, http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/L...nfo/TR-LOWUPP/. Add 20% for import + shipping and 30% exchange and you're looking at ~$500 landed.

The SLR is expensive in comparison, but it's not a fair comparison. Being NR is a feature like anything else, and the design work and small run machining to achieve it are costly. It's also billet, not forged, another big cost driver. The NR feature has been fairly limited on black rifles and the small market and low level of competition makes it an expensive one.

I for one see this and the BCL as the start of a welcome shift in the market where manufacturers are finally starting to try and provide decent value in NR black rifles.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot762x51 View Post
    can you please look into this www.leotakedown.com
    Wow, this looks amazing! What a perfect fit for the Maccabee to swap calibres without needing a second upper and ability to carry in a discreet small case.

I'm sure the polymer will be fine. I've had the raptor and don't think much of it, it's also worn much faster (with sharp edges) than any other charging handle I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    $1950 is about what mine was coming out to (before tax). It had things like the raptor charging handle (the entry level polymer version), nickel boron bolt, ALG trigger and Magpul furniture.

This was also not taking into consideration the 11% discount from TNA, which all the furniture, rail, LPK were from.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I'm sure the polymer will be fine. I've had the raptor and don't think much of it, it's also worn much faster (with sharp edges) than any other charging handle I've had.

Oh I don't doubt it, I was just emphasizing on it to explain how I kept cost down while managing to use some decent parts and come in below $2000 pretax. Be interesting to compare everyone's builds and total prices when the time comes.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

Could be as cheap as a used norinco 20” or as spendy as you can make it, or in all sorts of crazy wildcat calibres. I am thinking of finding the cheapest 20” complete upper I can find for one and making a lead hose and going all out on the other upper. I feel like the riddler at the end of Batman forever... There’s just too many options...

^ lol
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Oh one other thing if this changes classifications before it's delivered is the deposit refundable?
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

The reason why they are $999 instead of $300-$600 is because people like you are willing to spend the money.

Anyhow, I hope they are as good as Noveske or even better.

Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    I don’t think it’s being taken advantage of. They came out with a price upfront and those of us who think this is worth it will spend the money. As for me I don’t own anything restricted anymore so, it makes perfect sense. Either way interesting times wih multiple new NR rifles coming out lately, definitely good for the sport.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post

Since shipping is a few months off, we have time to bring in nearly any barrel and bolt for you too. If you want something we don't have like a 6.5 grendel, 458 SOCOM, etc. send us an email and we'll make it happen.
    email sent
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    The reason why they are $999 instead of $300-$600 is because people like you are willing to spend the money.

Anyhow, I hope they are as good as Noveske or even better.

Keep us updated.
    There is also the whole R&D required, by a small company. The AR15 was designed a long time ago, nobody has to recoup R&D costs, plus there's capital investments required (manufacturing equipment, ect)

Anyone comparing the price of a new design to the AR15 is ignoring all the costs associated with bringing a new product to market.