Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 516163646566676869707172737475767778798191 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    Aaaand there wasn't a long wait for production on the ATRS? And despite the grand on receiver sets, you'd have to get silly silly on your SLR build to hit the price point of the ATRS.
    The SLR is more expensive than the ATRS MS receivers, so your math is completely out to lunch.
    Perhaps you're thinking of the Modern HUNTER, which is a completely different topic.

But from July 2018 until now, and the anticipated date of December/January its all of 5-6 months.

Lets backtrack and review the SLR. My order was November 15/2017 with an "eta" of March 2018. That long came and went, and here we are today in September with many unfulfilled orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Well, you're wrong. I don't know why you would say that a rifle is available, and ready to be delivered to your door in a week or two when it is still in early production, with no units ready to be shipped. The SLR is more available than the ATRS MS. I have my SLR. Not everyone does, but some do. No one has a MS yet, to my knowledge. You're also just taking their word for it that production timelines have been hit. We took MDIs word for it, and look what happened. Not saying that the same thing will happen with ATRS; it likely won't, but it's best to not count your chickens before they hatch.

I don't really want to clutter TNAs thread up anymore with junk about competitor's products, so I'm going to leave it at that.
    The SLR is far from "a week or 2" away for MANY.

From Macabees pre-order to ATRS' pre-order, when both are completed I'd wager a guess the ATRS will have fulfilled its orders long before Macabee has, and in much shorter time span.
    Yes, the SLR would be "more ready" at this point - and if you want to get into semantics, I'd go to say you're wrong in saying the SLR is a firearm that is "available in a week or 2" as well... given the fact that retailers cant even get information on how many they're receiving each shipment, plus the fact that retailers had to do part of the work of the manufacturer and get them anodized, creating more lead time.

Time will tell, and I am glad more firearms are being made available (SLR, Badger, ATRS MS, WC180, etc). I am also glad you have yours, and I hope it functions well and is a well designed firearm. But to claim we should have to put up with sub-par finishes, or poor QC because "they're available" is plain wrong.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    35 receivers to be anodized next Wednesday
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post

The SLR is far from "a week or 2" away for MANY.

From Macabees pre-order to ATRS' pre-order, when both are completed I'd wager a guess the ATRS will have fulfilled its orders long before Macabee has, and in much shorter time span.
    Yes, the SLR would be "more ready" at this point - and if you want to get into semantics, I'd go to say you're wrong in saying the SLR is a firearm that is "available in a week or 2" as well... given the fact that retailers cant even get information on how many they're receiving each shipment, plus the fact that retailers had to do part of the work of the manufacturer and get them anodized, creating more lead time.

Time will tell, and I am glad more firearms are being made available (SLR, Badger, ATRS MS, WC180, etc). I am also glad you have yours, and I hope it functions well and is a well designed firearm. But to claim we should have to put up with sub-par finishes, or poor QC because "they're available" is plain wrong.
    I never said anything about "a week or two" with regards to the SLR. That was you. I also never claimed that anyone should have to put up with crap finishes (I didn't- I stated in no uncertain terms that I would not be accepting flawed anodize or cerakote. TNA came through in a big way by sourcing a proper anodize shop on their own. They have earned my respect many times over, the same can't be said about MDI) or poor QC. They shouldn't. The magwell on my SLR is NFG, and I'm pissed about it. Still deciding what I'm going to do. The decision would be easy, if waiting for a proper replacement wouldn't take months, in all likelihood.

Edit: I guess I lied about not posting here again about this. Lol. I will agree with you in that I'm also glad that new NR options are being made available though. Short term or long term (Current political BS aside) the Canadian firearms enthusiast wins.
    Last edited by Scotty454; 09-06-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

they are slowly getting shipped...

a few more dozen getting anodized Wednesday.

Name:  cXGAnBP.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  57.7 KB
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    35 receivers to be anodized next Wednesday
    That will bring us to what numbers being served in the pre order que?
    N*rinco is a cuss word in my house

Quote Originally Posted by Keep6 View Post
    That will bring us to what numbers being served in the pre order que?
    I've already sent invoices to those folks, so if you didn't get one you'll have to wait some more unfortunately
    True North Arms Corp.
    Instagram truenortharms

Maybe if when the cgn'ers get their sets they can also post their que number so we can have a rough idea how things are moving along
    N*rinco is a cuss word in my house

CGN Regular
    Calm down

another SLR ready to annoy the Liberals.

This talk of Canada post going on strike when I’m on deck makes me feel like it will be held in transit!