Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 546466676869707172737475767778798081828494 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Wink

Can you just sand down the bcg to fit in the SLR ? Make it even lighter

Quote Originally Posted by blupul View Post
    Can you just sand down the bcg to fit in the SLR ? Make it even lighter
    I was thinking the exact same thing, and even MDI suggested doing that. Problem is, what if I by sanding down the BCG I don't do it evenly and it is no longer centric, then the BCG is worth nothing. But, I could sell it probably for a big loss, but at least get something for it....

I might try it though, as the bolt is regulated and I did not get an adjustable gas block for that reason alone...so, might get brave....
    Last edited by Baldemar; 09-14-2018 at 06:25 PM.

I hope that was a humorous post

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by blupul View Post
    I hope that was a humorous post

To abondon the slr or hope the darn thing does not blow up while using it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemar View Post
    The BCG was over $600, not a good feeling...
    I've just finished my build, and the barrel torque tool from TNA would not fit either.......,, but I made it fit by using a belt sander (one that's used for knife making) and literally polished / removed a minuscule amount of material off the barrel torque tool. (Btw, it would also not fit into a NEA / Bcl build that I recently completed)

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemar View Post
    As we know, not all parts are compatible with the MDI SLR. I was really hoping to run a lightweight BCG in my SLR, so I bought the 2A Armament Titanium Regulated Bolt Carrier (RBC). Unfortunately, when it came time to put my BCG in the upper, my excitement turned to dread.

The 2A Armament Titanium Regulated Bolt Carrier (RBC) is not compatible with the MDI SLR.

So, the RBC will likely be up on EE shortly, and now my search begins to find a lightweight BCG that is proven to be compatible with the SLR.

Does anyone have a proven lightweight BCG that actually fits, runs, and is compatible with the SLR?

Thanks
    The Brownells low mass bcg fits and is damned nice for the money. I have 1 in NiB and 1 Nitride.
    The Magpul BEV block fits, as well as with the BCG and charge handle since the pin is obviously useless on the SLR.

TNA torque tool doesn’t fit!? That was the main selling point of that tool! Does anyone know what the ID of the upper receiver is? I’d like to confirm if my BCG will work.

QUOTE=Donkin;15234563]I've just finished my build, and the barrel torque tool from TNA would not fit either.......,, but I made it fit by using a belt sander (one that's used for knife making) and literally polished / removed a minuscule amount of material off the barrel torque tool. (Btw, it would also not fit into a NEA / Bcl build that I recently completed)[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by desjeva; 09-14-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    The early, first batch of torque tools may not fit (like from way back in February). These were made from common 1" bar stock. More recent editions are 25mm bar stock which is narrower and have worked fine in all maccabee receivers that we have tried. We're glad to refund or replace any torque tool that doesn't fit the SLR
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    The early, first batch of torque tools may not fit (like from way back in February). These were made from common 1" bar stock. More recent editions are 25mm bar stock which is narrower and have worked fine in all maccabee receivers that we have tried. We're glad to refund or replace any torque tool that doesn't fit the SLR
    What about the double ended tool? Ar10/ar15

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    If you like pissing your money away
    I'm thinking dropping $1k on a receiver set that doesn't accept mags or bcg's might also qualify as "pissing money away".