Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 576769707172737475767778798081828384858797 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

They're easy to flip for a profit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    They're easy to flip for a profit
    I wonder why
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

Any new shipments?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post
    I'm dumping my order - unless one of you can convince me not to
    Your decision, which I fully support as it will move my name up!

Well, got mine, and there are several issues.

1; steel mags don't work. The milling in the upper reciever is more rounded and doesn't allow the "square" leading edge of the mag to sit high enough to become seated. Pmags seem to work. Doesn't help much since this was a Grendel build.

2: safety is ridiculously tight almost immovable. Though I'd sand down my selector switch, no luck. It appears that the holes drilled for the selector switch in the reciever and the trigger block sleeve don't line up perfectly. Stupid, annoying, I could fix that but that's definately another manufacturing defect.

3: most importantly, like other have experienced, very tight tolerances with regards to pins. I decided to sand down my roll pin for the bolt catch. It was working until the last 1/4 going in, I hear a crack, and there it is, a nice crack going lengthwise in one of the bolt catch "ears". It didn't crack where they attach to the side of the reciever, the roll pin itself split the aluminum.

Don't say I was being too tough with it, not my first ar(ish) rifle I've built. I sanded that pin down a LOT. There's no way that hole would be of any acceptable specification.

Only plus side is that the rifle looks sexy as hell, and macdef actually asked me to send the reciever back to them. Lets see what comes of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian brother View Post
    I'm dumping my order - unless one of you can convince me not to
    I’ll purchase it.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by 556tar21 View Post
    Tried mine out yesterday as well. Ran like a sewing machine
    I am impressed by the method the receivers slide together like a pistol which has very minimal slop. I like a tight black rifle. Any ergonomic NR AR with all the identical manipulation features is a win in my books. I am not fond of some of the other non AR lookalike attempts in the NR market. However there are a couple of things that I am not in favour of is the shorter magwell and the takedown bolt. They are not deal breakers but as an AR owner I wish the magwell was mil spec and an alternate means for the bolt would be welcomed.
    CCFR — CSSA

I got a Maple Ridge 18.6"barrel with a mid-length gas system and I'm planning to shoot heavier bullets from my build, and I saw a lot of people complaining about it saying that it should be rifle-length, too much gas...yadda yadda...

Should I use an adjustable gas block? Or never mind, move on and install a regular gas block on it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    I got a Maple Ridge 18.6"barrel with a mid-length gas system and I'm planning to shoot heavier bullets from my build, and I saw a lot of people complaining about it saying that it should be rifle-length, too much gas...yadda yadda...

Should I use an adjustable gas block? Or never mind, move on and install a regular gas block on it?
    that's what I'm running working great dumps the brass in one neat lil pile
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Regular
    Are these still coming??