Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747576777879808182838485868898 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubermonkey View Post
    Well, got mine, and there are several issues.

1; steel mags don't work. The milling in the upper reciever is more rounded and doesn't allow the "square" leading edge of the mag to sit high enough to become seated. Pmags seem to work. Doesn't help much since this was a Grendel build.

2: safety is ridiculously tight almost immovable. Though I'd sand down my selector switch, no luck. It appears that the holes drilled for the selector switch in the reciever and the trigger block sleeve don't line up perfectly. Stupid, annoying, I could fix that but that's definately another manufacturing defect.

3: most importantly, like other have experienced, very tight tolerances with regards to pins. I decided to sand down my roll pin for the bolt catch. It was working until the last 1/4 going in, I hear a crack, and there it is, a nice crack going lengthwise in one of the bolt catch "ears". It didn't crack where they attach to the side of the reciever, the roll pin itself split the aluminum.

Don't say I was being too tough with it, not my first ar(ish) rifle I've built. I sanded that pin down a LOT. There's no way that hole would be of any acceptable specification.

Only plus side is that the rifle looks sexy as hell, and macdef actually asked me to send the reciever back to them. Lets see what comes of this.
    Geissele milspec coiled spring pins wouldn't fit for my bolt catch (kept mashing the pins) so I went to the hardware store and bought roll pins instead which worked fine.

Last update in July had me at 108. Where you at TNA? Any changes to allow for some of the noted issues? Have parts for a Grendel build. Really suck if my mag don't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1971 View Post
    Last update in July had me at 108. Where you at TNA? Any changes to allow for some of the noted issues? Have parts for a Grendel build. Really suck if my mag don't fit.
    I have a grendel build, and use Alexander Arms metal mags. They didn’t fit, without a fix. Not sure if they have corrected the upper receiver to fix the problem, but if not, you can fix it yourself or send it back to MDI to fix for you. Maybe TNA can confirm specs on yours before anodizing knowing that you will be using metal mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldemar View Post
    I have a grendel build, and use Alexander Arms metal mags. They didn’t fit, without a fix. Not sure if they have corrected the upper receiver to fix the problem, but if not, you can fix it yourself or send it back to MDI to fix for you. Maybe TNA can confirm specs on yours before anodizing knowing that you will be using metal mags.
    How did you fix it?
    Do you have any pics of the spot you had to file?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    How did you fix it?
    Do you have any pics of the spot you had to file?
    Yes I do, I will post pics shortly. Two pictures, one from MDI where they told me to file, and the second will be my finished job...I used a dremel tool. However, with the upper and lower together, look up the mag well. You’ll see in the two front corners some of the upper, that’s what needs to be filed. Obviously, any mods you do to your firearm is at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damage done!

Last edited by Baldemar; 10-02-2018 at 09:37 AM.

When i see those 1k receiver needing filing to make em work... makes me glad i cancelled my pre order.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Wow... Is MDI taking these back for 'fixing', or is it a DIY solution-only??
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Luc View Post
    When i see those 1k receiver needing filing to make em work... makes me glad i cancelled my pre order.
    Makes me glad I ordered an atrs ms

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Luc View Post
    I asked MDI what they were going to do about my reciever set regarding the magwell, bolt catch pin hole and not so hard coat anodizing on Sept 7, they said they'd look into it....I guess they are still looking.
    I should not have to take a dremel to my brand new $1k reciever, nor should have to go and have it stripped and re-anodized.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    Wow... Is MDI taking these back for 'fixing', or is it a DIY solution-only??
    I would not trust them - I'm sure they will close the doors and rename themselves after this disaster

Who can you send your set to so that it gets properly stripped and properly anodized ?