Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

If that is what you wish to believe... it is a free country.
    I'm looking forward to your review and comparison to other ar15 tier 1 systems.
    I hope it is everything you think it will be.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    There is also the whole R&D required, by a small company. The AR15 was designed a long time ago, nobody has to recoup R&D costs, plus there's capital investments required (manufacturing equipment, ect)

Anyone comparing the price of a new design to the AR15 is ignoring all the costs associated with bringing a new product to market.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    There is also the whole R&D required, by a small company. The AR15 was designed a long time ago, nobody has to recoup R&D costs, plus there's capital investments required (manufacturing equipment, ect)

Anyone comparing the price of a new design to the AR15 is ignoring all the costs associated with bringing a new product to market.
    Yep and ultimately just like new TVs you can get in and enjoy it earlier for a premium or be like all the other plebes and wait until Walmart is carrying it at a reduced cost once the manufacturing costs are reduced, there is something to be said about being able to enjoy it now and having all that extra time rather than having to wait. Plus as someone who owns a Noveske upper (actually Vltor) talk about elevated pricing. It's nice but don't think it is worth the premium over something like Ranier. It was my first so sue me :D

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    i put in the pre order, when can we usually expect the discount code?
    It'll be emailed out within a day or two of the order. If you need it sooner feel free to contact us

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot762x51 View Post
    can you please look into this www.leotakedown.com
    Added to our list of takedown options, thanks [EDIT: this means we are considering bringing them in, we don't have any yet]

Quote Originally Posted by doc25 View Post
    Oh one other thing if this changes classifications before it's delivered is the deposit refundable?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by doc25 View Post
    Hi TNA,
    Interested in the preorder. Would like some more info. Is there a brass deflector? What is being done about the takedown screw? How does a regular ar trigger fit in as I see no holes for the pins?
    Just think there should be a pic of the final version before I put down my deposit.
    There is a brass deflector but very subtle, if you look carefully in the photo you'll see it. The reason it's so small is that the upper receiver is already wider than an AR-15 upper so the deflector does not have to stick out so much.

The takedown system I'm told is based on a pillar and bolt type system that is intended to be more robust, repeatable, and rigid than an AR (no accu-wedges needed).

The takedown/upper swap process uses a hex key and takes about a minute. So yes it requires a 'tool' which is less than ideal, but the benefit is you have a much more skookum (robust) connection between the upper and lower.
    Last edited by True North Arms Corp; 11-27-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Some general notes:

The sharper eyed among you may have noticed there is no visible hammer/trigger pin holes. That is because the trigger group is held in a box that drops in. This concept was chosen for various reasons, among them it makes it makes it more difficult to convert to full auto, and makes trigger install & cleaning easier. This trigger pack will come included with the lower receiver and spares will be available for folks who want to be able to swap quickly.

Drop-in trigger packs such as the Triggertech are incompatible, however the receiver is ideally suited to your standard mil-spec triggers and upgrades such as Geissele that come as loose parts.

Some have asked for photos, they are limited at this time because Maccabee is still sorting out their intellectual property protections and don't want to spill beans that can't be spilled yet. As more photos and samples become available we will publish.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    If that is what you wish to believe... it is a free country.
    I'm looking forward to your review and comparison to other ar15 tier 1 systems.
    I hope it is everything you think it will be.

Cheers,
    Well if its such an easy thing, why don't you design a ar-like rifle? You could undercut these guys, sell for $600 and make millions...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Len One O View Post
    I’m with Bob. You can think calling people “poor” is a good way of going about it. I’m a realist and can easily afford it. One thing I don’t like is being taken advantage of. I will wait until it is re-engineered by someone else. Ask yourself this question, how well would these sell in the states? I am in no way implying TNA is gouging us, it is a relatively unknown company. Enjoy being the guinea pig.
    As someone who comes from a hardware engineering background I am quite aware of startup costs and companies having to recoup their costs at initial introduction to the market. The AR world has been lucky in that the design entered public domain and measurements have been long known which then reduced R&D to practically nothing.
    In this case the company has had to prototype and test their changes to ensure they have a safe product while dealing with the RCMP BS. Someone doing each of these is drawing salary and that costs both time and money, let alone any IP stuff they have had to deal with as well to protect their product. Lawyers aren't cheap.
    The absurdity of these comments is like stating back in the day when the first plasma tvs came out that they should be the same price as a your typical 32" CRT not $20,000. The market will bear the price and adjust accordingly, maybe they won't sell as well and prices will drop or they will all sell out and the price will stay where it is. If you don't like the price, don't buy it and move on and stop polluting the thread. Whining about it isn't changing things. Companies need to make ends meet otherwise they don't make it, they aren't going to price themselves out of the market, that doesn't make sense. That said I would expect in the next year if successful, the price will probably drop

You are right in that initial buyers are going to be the guinea pigs, no matter how much testing deficiencies in the design may crop up or the company may find a better (cheaper) way to manufacture and the price might drop a bit from that. There is a premium on being on the bleeding edge, the benefit is that they will have an AR they can take off the range.

First thing the manufacturer should have been doing is patenting how they modified the design, re-engineering then becomes a tad more difficult as you then are infringing on their design.

Also regarding the states? They would probably sell quite well, there was a reason why the high tech sector was taking off in Canada in the 90s before the bubble burst down south. Our dollar was weaker so paying employees here meant that the overhead costs were cheaper which reflected in the prices in the states. That all said, it is a false equivalency since there is no requirement for an AR derivative that doesn't play nice with the AR15 in the US. If they had the silly laws like we do, then maybe they would sell well but since they don't it is all conjecture.

Ultimately the more choices that are available for the consumer the better. Companies that don't have competition become stagnant and are no longer motivated to innovate. What I want to see is if the price of AR receivers change, especially the billet ones since they are closer in price. If this product does well why would I buy a restricted AR receiver at near the same price when I can just spend a little more and get something that can go off the range.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    $999 for the set
    $500 for the barrel

I have the rest of the parts...

But ALG fore-end $250
    MBT trigger $300
    BCG $250
    Vltor stock $100
    Bits and pieces.... $200

Total build $2600+tax = $2938

Woo-hoo under 3K
    My last SBR I built was mid 35s so that isn't too far off and that was using a Ranier forged upper and lower (the Eotech was the big ticket).

Quote Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
    As someone who comes from a hardware engineering background I am quite aware of startup costs and companies having to recoup their costs at initial introduction to the market. The AR world has been lucky in that the design entered public domain and measurements have been long known which then reduced R&D to practically nothing.
    In this case the company has had to prototype and test their changes to ensure they have a safe product while dealing with the RCMP BS. Someone doing each of these is drawing salary and that costs both time and money, let alone any IP stuff they have had to deal with as well to protect their product. Lawyers aren't cheap.
    The absurdity of these comments is like stating back in the day when the first plasma tvs came out that they should be the same price as a your typical 32" CRT not $20,000. The market will bear the price and adjust accordingly, maybe they won't sell as well and prices will drop or they will all sell out and the price will stay where it is. If you don't like the price, don't buy it and move on and stop polluting the thread. Whining about it isn't changing things. Companies need to make ends meet otherwise they don't make it, they aren't going to price themselves out of the market, that doesn't make sense. That said I would expect in the next year if successful, the price will probably drop

You are right in that initial buyers are going to be the guinea pigs, no matter how much testing deficiencies in the design may crop up or the company may find a better (cheaper) way to manufacture and the price might drop a bit from that. There is a premium on being on the bleeding edge, the benefit is that they will have an AR they can take off the range.

First thing the manufacturer should have been doing is patenting how they modified the design, re-engineering then becomes a tad more difficult as you then are infringing on their design.

Also regarding the states? They would probably sell quite well, there was a reason why the high tech sector was taking off in Canada in the 90s before the bubble burst down south. Our dollar was weaker so paying employees here meant that the overhead costs were cheaper which reflected in the prices in the states. That all said, it is a false equivalency since there is no requirement for an AR derivative that doesn't play nice with the AR15 in the US. If they had the silly laws like we do, then maybe they would sell well but since they don't it is all conjecture.

Ultimately the more choices that are available for the consumer the better. Companies that don't have competition become stagnant and are no longer motivated to innovate. What I want to see is if the price of AR receivers change, especially the billet ones since they are closer in price. If this product does well why would I buy a restricted AR receiver at near the same price when I can just spend a little more and get something that can go off the range.
    Wasn't whining at all, it was more the fact that you directed this comment towards someone "If you are too poor to buy it move on.". Just a stab in the dark here, I'm guessing you don't know what his financial situation is. I'll bow out now and let you get last word with you millions of dollars.

Well, i used the code, thanks for making my tour gift to myself easier. Order #5700. I think its a lucky number haha

Edit: get more barrels

Could you get some Canadian National arms barrels in 5.56 and 300aac at 18.6" with .750 gas blocks?