Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6777798081828384858687888990919293949597107 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Stubacca View Post
    Which maple ridge barrel is that for? When I asked them about break in they told me it’s ready to rock out of the box and that I only need to check headspacing during assembly
    All maple ridge barrels on TNA have those break in instructions at the bottom of the page. Of course you can rock any barrel without doing any break in steps and it will probably work fine. But it’s good practice to do something and those instructions seem like a good practice as it covers things like gas block being secure and checking for bolt wear. I’d say play it safe, do the step, if there’s something wrong you’ll catch it right away and hopefully get refunded or replacement.
    "Do not wind her up. That is a big gun and she is baby crazy." - Sterling Archer

CGN Regular
    Hmmm.... not trying to be a douche on TNA’s forum but why are you guys still waiting after you pre-order while there are still some in stock on csc’s website?!?

Don’t get me wrong, I love TNA and I always buy my stuff from them, but that’s just ridiculous. I just bought my second receiver set without ever being part of a pre order lol.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by m_falafel View Post
    Hmmm.... not trying to be a douche on TNA’s forum but why are you guys still waiting after you pre-order while there are still some in stock on csc’s website?!?

Don’t get me wrong, I love TNA and I always buy my stuff from them, but that’s just ridiculous. I just bought my second receiver set without ever being part of a pre order lol.
    TNA offered an 11% discount on AR parts for those who ordered the receiver sets with them, so I'm guessing some might have already bought the parts and don't want to lose the discount.

if they spend 1k on parts, that would be a little over $100 instant loss to cancel the order.

Youza.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by m_falafel View Post

so maybe TNA made a pre order of say 100 sets. other company does the same. preorders get filled aswell.just because one place has receiver sets for sale before TNA has filled all there orders means that the other comapny got there orders aswell with out having customers lined up already no biggie
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Regular
    From what I understand, the TNA SLRs are a notch higher in quality than other retailer's due to the independent outsourcing they've been doing for the anodizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    From what I understand, the TNA SLRs are a notch higher in quality than other retailer's due to the independent outsourcing they've been doing for the anodizing.
    Proof?
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Proof?
    I have a TNA set, and the anodizing on it actually looks proper. The other sets are coming with CeraKote from RDSC. Which is probably quality, and I'm sure they do a great job, but it's a coating vs a penetrating surface treatment. Do with that what you will.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I have a TNA set, and the anodizing on it actually looks proper.
    true, our anodizing meets MIL-A-8625F spec
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I have a TNA set, and the anodizing on it actually looks proper. The other sets are coming with CeraKote from RDSC. Which is probably quality, and I'm sure they do a great job, but it's a coating vs a penetrating surface treatment. Do with that what you will.
    This warrants some obvious questions ;

- Why would there be different finishing processes? This should be manufacturer's specs, not retailer.
    - This information if accurate should have been disclosed to customers by Maccabee

TNA, can you shed light on this alleged situation?

Youza.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    This warrants some obvious questions ;

- Why would there be different finishing processes? This should be manufacturer's specs, not retailer.
    - This information if accurate should have been disclosed to customers by Maccabee

TNA, can you shed light on this alleged situation?

Youza.
    If you read back in this long thread you'll see the full history. The TL;DR -- maccabee's locals anodizer's results were unsatisfactory so they decided to cerakote them. Many of our customers did not want to accept this substitution, so TNA made an arrangement with Maccabee to get the receivers bare aluminum and anodize ourselves. So far our customers are very happy with the results
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms