Page 88 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6878808182838485868788899091929394959698 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    This warrants some obvious questions ;

- Why would there be different finishing processes? This should be manufacturer's specs, not retailer.
    - This information if accurate should have been disclosed to customers by Maccabee

TNA, can you shed light on this alleged situation?

Youza.
    The first sets of SLRs arrived with a piss-poor anodization. It was then decided Macabee would do cerakoting instead of anodized.

Many did not like this, as the price they paid was for an anodized (stronger finish) set. There was some time where it was unknown what the #### was happening, and I believe it was TNA that began the train on receiving bare receivers and having them anodized themselves.

So each retailer now is either a) outsourcing the anodizing, using Maccabees ####ty anodized, or receiving them from Macabee in cerakote

CGN frequent flyer
    Thank you for the clarification.

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Proof?
    I had one from MDI in the 150 range, that was all the proof I needed. No way that was done by a shop certified for hard coat. Scratched when I breathed on it.

Kudos to TNA for going the extra mile and finding a high quality solution to MDI's poor anodizing selection and QC.

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    The first sets of SLRs arrived with a piss-poor anodization. It was then decided Macabee would do cerakoting instead of anodized.

Many did not like this, as the price they paid was for an anodized (stronger finish) set. There was some time where it was unknown what the #### was happening, and I believe it was TNA that began the train on receiving bare receivers and having them anodized themselves.

So each retailer now is either a) outsourcing the anodizing, using Maccabees ####ty anodized, or receiving them from Macabee in cerakote
    My set is low 200s. Anodized by TNA. Im happy with the coating.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    Or just do a little light reading and figure it out?
    It probably takes a tad more than light reading to figure out how to build an ar start to finish for someone who has zero idea what they are doing...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    true, our anodizing meets MIL-A-8625F spec
    low 200's serial numbers here to, and very happy
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I have a TNA set, and the anodizing on it actually looks proper. The other sets are coming with CeraKote from RDSC. Which is probably quality, and I'm sure they do a great job, but it's a coating vs a penetrating surface treatment. Do with that what you will.
    Not true, CSC/ Maccabee are still using the same garbage “anodizing”. They had talked about it but not sure how many sets they actually got finished by a professional company like RDSC. Anyone getting their set through TNA should thank their lucky stars.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by smokenhope View Post
    Not true, CSC/ Maccabee are still using the same garbage “anodizing”. They had talked about it but not sure how many sets they actually got finished by a professional company like RDSC. Anyone getting their set through TNA should thank their lucky stars.
    So what could one expect in terms of the garbage anodizing?

Youza.

CGN Regular
    looks blotchy and like they played football with it before throwing it into a dishwasher... and not a good dishwasher

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    low 200's serial numbers here to, and very happy
    Hallelujah
    CCFR — CSSA