Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6979818283848586878889909192939495969799 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjuice View Post
    looks blotchy and like they played football with it before throwing it into a dishwasher... and not a good dishwasher
    Same one that the guy ran that m14 through

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN frequent flyer
    looks blotchy and like they played football with it before throwing it into a dishwasher... and not a good dishwasher
    I guess I'll know soon enough. Ordered one of the unclaimed ones last week from other retailer, prior to knowing about this issue.
    If it looks like a dishwashed football then it'll go right back, and i'll cross my fingers for TNA to reach my name on the wait list....

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    I guess I'll know soon enough. Ordered one of the unclaimed ones last week from other retailer, prior to knowing about this issue.
    If it looks like a dishwashed football then it'll go right back, and i'll cross my fingers for TNA to reach my name on the wait list....

Youza.
    The finish from the other retailer isn’t that bad. It’s isnt that good either. A quick wipe down with some oil and it will be just fine. Now that’s providing you don’t have any really thin or missing spots but they said they were looking them over carefully so those wouldn’t get through. Mine is a nice black where I got some oil on it but I’m wanting to Ceracoat it so I don’t want to contaminate the surface but I may have already done that from the overspray I got on it oiling the BCG out of the rifle during break in.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    The finish from the other retailer isn’t that bad. It’s isnt that good either. A quick wipe down with some oil and it will be just fine. Now that’s providing you don’t have any really thin or missing spots but they said they were looking them over carefully so those wouldn’t get through. Mine is a nice black where I got some oil on it but I’m wanting to Ceracoat it so I don’t want to contaminate the surface but I may have already done that from the overspray I got on it oiling the BCG out of the rifle during break in.
    Proper prep work for cerakote would warrant degreasing prior to coating anyways.

Youza.

Proper prep work for cerakote would warrant degreasing prior to coating anyways.

Youza.
    Yeah I know that. But why wipe it down with oil to just make it look a little better for the short term. It looks fine right now and more importantly it shoots well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    So what could one expect in terms of the garbage anodizing?

Youza.
    This picture is directly from the MDI Instagram page:

jjuice summed it up quite nicely. I can't believe they'd actually post that picture.....

This looks EXACTLY like the finish on my receiver set. Oh, and if you even touch it with anything other than your fingers it scratches and chips so easily it's not funny. Makes me wish I never bought one at all.

On second thought, it makes me wish I bought mine through TNA. At least they got the anodizing done PROPERLY.

CGN frequent flyer
    Well if retailers are shipping out sets that look like that without disclosing it in the product description and for full retail price, they can expect to receive them right back with a refund request.
    As I said I'll know soon enough.

Youza.

Wow that looks terrible

CGN Regular

Youza.
    Good luck dude. I got mine as well from the unclaimed lot from a certain retailer in AB... so you might be in the same boat as me. let us know how it goes.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what length the handguard should be on a 18.6 inch barrel?
    Will a 12" handguard be long enough to cover the gas block?
    Im thinking it should be 16" minimum ....