Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 728284858687888990919293949596979899100102 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Mine arrived today. It's an early one (4xx serial). The anodizing is acceptable but not perfect. I would say the finish is on-par with a Norinco. I don't think it's worth getting it cerakoted. It'll look fine once it's all together.
    So wait. Early ones have higher serial numbers? No sure I get it...

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    So wait. Early ones have higher serial numbers? No sure I get it...

Youza.
    Isn't 4xx early? How many were in the first run?
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN frequent flyer
    Sorry, got all confused.

Mine is in the mid 300s, and the finish has pretty much zero issues. So when you said you had a 4xx one that had issues, I thought that it was indicative that yours had the earlier, ####tier finish before it got resolved, and that mine was part of the later good batch, so I wasnt understanding the whole thing.

Brainfart.

Sorry, got all confused.

Mine is in the mid 300s, and the finish has pretty much zero issues. So when you said you had a 4xx one that had issues, I thought that it was indicative that yours had the earlier, ####tier finish before it got resolved, and that mine was part of the later good batch, so I wasnt understanding the whole thing.

Brainfart.
    All good. I guess I should clarify it's not terrible. Like I would probably give it like an 8 out of 10. It's not the same quality of finish you're going to find on a large-scale manufacturer like Colt or Bushmaster. It's more than acceptable. After reading about the problems with the early numbers I was expecting the worst.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BattleRife's Avatar
    Yours is the first report I have seen of a serial in the 400 range, so I would say it is quite late.
    --BattleRife

Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    Yours is the first report I have seen of a serial in the 400 range, so I would say it is quite late.
    mine is close to 500

All good. I guess I should clarify it's not terrible. Like I would probably give it like an 8 out of 10. It's not the same quality of finish you're going to find on a large-scale manufacturer like Colt or Bushmaster. It's more than acceptable. After reading about the problems with the early numbers I was expecting the worst.
    I guess you have never owned a Colt or Bushmaster because their latest offerings would score a 5-6 if your lucky.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I guess you have never owned a Colt or Bushmaster because their latest offerings would score a 5-6 if your lucky.
    I bought a Bushmaster QRC in May. I'd say the finish was pretty good overall.

thats what it says on the MDI card with serial number.

Youza.
    They still haven't fixed that? There's only Class 1 and Class 2. No such thing as Class 3. I think what they meant was, Type 3 Class 2.

When did you place your order?